navwin » Discussion » Q & A » chat rooms
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic chat rooms Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl

0 posted 2001-01-26 04:16 PM

Have you ever thought about adding a chat room to your site? It might eliminate that "arugments in the poetry posts" thing. Then people can openly discuss there topics, and differences.
Just a thought.

Jenn

© Copyright 2001 Jennifer Parker - All Rights Reserved
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
1 posted 2001-01-26 06:16 PM

this IS a chat room  
hehe

Jenn Cirrincione
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
2 posted 2001-01-26 07:13 PM

ya know what I mean

Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
Over the river and through the woods
3 posted 2001-01-27 05:30 AM

Uhm, personally, I LIKE the "post arguments".
What fun would the forums be without the disagreements???
I know a good chunck of people who would get 'eliminated' themselves if we were snipping the the clashing of opinions.
Besides, I thought we all used ICQ as a chat room...

Jenn Cirrincione
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
4 posted 2001-01-27 07:47 AM

Not everyone has ICQ, I don't, and besides Teen #4 has been having all sorts of problems w/ post arguments getting out of hand. I thought that possibly if we dedicated a place to freely (as nicely as possible) discuss whatever the differences were... it might be more civil, and no one would need to be "suspended" or kicked out.
Just a thought.

Jenn

"A person can never get over a broken heart if they aren't willing to let go of all of the pieces."-- ??

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2001-01-27 08:45 AM

This site uses a phenomenal amount of bandwidth just with our posting.  It's really more important that we use our resources for their real purpose - posting our works and commenting upon them.

ICQ is a free download - http://web.icq.com/ - and it works exactly as a chatroom does.  It only makes sense to use it, as it serves the same purpose without affecting our forums' efficiency.

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
6 posted 2001-02-01 08:17 PM

OR...

You could try this link. Its not the same as what you want, but its there, and we can make use of it. Since we can see who is logged on to Passions (some of them), then maybe it wouldn't be so hard to get together a group and to chat at the same time. If you don't have a yahoo identification, you could always set one up.   Poets are entitled to many names anyways !
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/passionsinpoetry

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » chat rooms

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary