navwin » Discussion » Q & A » question about main site
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic question about main site Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Romy
since 2000-05-28
Posts 1170
Plantation, Florida

0 posted 2000-11-27 09:04 AM

I have a question and I hope it's okay to post it here because I don't know where else to ask it. When I first found passions in poetry, I posted a poem on the main site and then later found the forums.  I have posted three poems in all on the main site and have never seen them there.
A couple of times I have recieved an e-mail telling me that I was a resident poet and to go to a poets only page to find my poems but when I did, I found nothing.

Am I posting my poems for submission the wrong way or am I just not able to find it?

The last one I posted was for the holiday section.
Does it just take a really long time to get posted on the main site?

I'm confused...

© Copyright 2000 Deborah L. Carter - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
1 posted 2000-11-27 10:59 AM

What name did you use on the main site, Debbie? If you let me know, I'll look for your poems.

It does take a long time for submitted work to be posted on the main site...Ron gets a LOT of submissions and all of them have to be edited, etc., so the recent ones might not be up for a while. But when they are posted, you will get an email with the subject 'Your poem has been posted!' along with a link to the poem(s).

Hope I helped.

Elizabeth

Romy
since 2000-05-28
Posts 1170
Plantation, Florida
2 posted 2000-11-27 11:44 AM

Elizabeth, I used my name Deborah, when I posted.  I don't think I have recieved any e-mails that told me specifically that my poems had been posted, only that I could use the poets only site to search for them!

Thanks for your help, maybe it takes awhile?  I posted the first one quite a few months ago, but there ARE alot of poems waiting!

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2000-11-27 04:49 PM

We'll be having a major update SOON, Debbie... Your poems are likely a part of that update...  
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2000-11-27 04:52 PM

This URL - http://netpoets.com/poems/authors/0976000.htm - will bring you to the page for poetry posted under the name of "Deborah" on the main site...
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2000-11-27 05:49 PM

All three of your submissions are still in the "pending" status, Debbie (which you can always check by following that URL in your confirmation letter, which will take you to the private part of the main site for our poets, and then looking for the Submissions Report link).

It took me a few minutes to find them in the database, though, because none of the three were submitted using "Deborah" as a pen name. The first two were submitted under your real name, with no pen name at all, and the third submission was under "Debbie" (same as here in the forums). FYI, the software will post all three the same (because they were submitted from the same email address), based on whichever hits the database first - either your real name or your pen name. If you tell me which one you really want, I'll change all three to be the same.

As Elizabeth indicated, when the main site is updated (SOON now!) you'll receive an email providing the exact URL for each of your poems.

p.s. How do you define "a LOT of submissions?" I currently have 6,260 total, 4,924 of which have passed the first hurdles (many were unacceptable because of bad email addresses, plagiarism, missing or incomplete descriptions, way unsuitable themes, et cetera). All but about 550 of those nearly five thousand have now been edited for spelling, homonym substitution and such. We're getting close!  

Romy
since 2000-05-28
Posts 1170
Plantation, Florida
6 posted 2000-11-27 06:53 PM

Thanks so much Elizabeth, Nan and Ron!

Ron,
I'm sorry that you had to search for them, I no longer have the e-mail you sent me and I thought submitted them under my real name, Deborah!  I don't have any other name other than Debbie, but you must mean I have my last name attached?  If so, I would just like them to be submitted with Debbie, okay?

I guess the amount of submissions that you get at the main site explains why it has taken so long!  I had no idea there that you were wading through so many!

Thanks again for the info!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » question about main site

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary