navwin » Discussion » Q & A » 2 more questions
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic 2 more questions Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~

0 posted 2000-09-27 11:41 PM

I was looking for a poem and I went to "find poems". Well it didnt show what I was looking for. The last "update" was 9-9-00 (I think). When is it updated??

And what does it mean when it says "server loaded" under the names of the moderators.

© Copyright 2000 Erin Erbs - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2000-09-28 12:49 PM

1. The Find indexes are rebuilt pretty much whenever I can, Erin. Usually always on the weekends at the very least. The problem is, I have to shut down the forums to do it and I try to avoid that when there's more than five or six people active. And, lately, it's hard to find a time when there's so few here.

2. In a sense, this is related to my above answer. The "Server Load" will display when Ceres is working above predetermined levels. The numbers displayed represent how much "work" the web server has done in the past 1, 5, and 15 minutes. Basically, it just means we have a LOT of people on the system and things are probably going to run slower than usual. It's also a warning, because if those numbers get too high the forums will automatically shut themselves down to avoid a hard crash.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-09-28 10:20 AM

Thank you very much Ron. I am starting to learn all about the little things I wonder about now!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » 2 more questions

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary