navwin » Discussion » Q & A » help me I'm confused
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic help me I'm confused Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
meimi
since 2000-08-13
Posts 4
Las Piñas City, Philippines

0 posted 2000-08-22 10:01 AM

I've submitted a poem but I can find it! Help... what went wrong?
© Copyright 2000 Iris - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 2000-08-22 10:09 AM

Have you tried doing the search function?
Go to the top of the page there (above the advertisement) and click on Search.  Then enter your screen name in, or the name of the poem, and click submit.
If you know what forum it was in, that would narrow the search down.

If you can give me the title of the poem, I can help you if you'd like. If I find it I can provide you with the link in here.

Actually I just performed a search on your name, and nothing comes up but the one here in this thread.  I see you have 2 posts though. Let me check into this and I'll get back with you  

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 08-22-2000).]

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
2 posted 2000-08-22 10:16 AM

Now that I think of it, I'm a bit confused as well. This thread shows that this is your first post.  If this being your first post, you couldn't have posted a poem before you posted this thread.  Hmmmn...
Might you have posted it on another site?

If you click on your profile, it shows you have only ONE originating post. This would be that originating post. You have 2 under your name, the other number being a reply to something.

Maybe you submitted a poem here under a different name? I did the check with the name you are now using.

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 08-22-2000).]

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2000-08-22 07:44 PM

Hi meimi -

Did you by any chance submit your poem to the main site? If so, that's a totally separate submission - and it won't show on the main site until the next update - You can still post it here in the forums in the meantime...  

meimi
since 2000-08-13
Posts 4
Las Piñas City, Philippines
4 posted 2000-08-30 09:57 AM

but why did i recieved an e-mail with the subject: thank you for submitting?
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2000-08-30 10:08 AM

Poems that are submitted for posting on the main site are automatically issued that "thank you for submitting" response via email.  That tells me that you did just that - submitted to the main site.  You won't see that one for awhile, so make yourself comfy here at the forums in the meantime.

Open#9 is the primary forum.  There are many others such as Spiritual, The Corner Pub, Critical Analysis (for critiques) that you might consider as well.  Feel free to repost the same poem - and continue to post up to three a day - I hope to see read your work soon....

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » help me I'm confused

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary