navwin » Discussion » Q & A » i'm lookingfor a poem for SADD
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic i'm lookingfor a poem for SADD Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
poohtig
since 2000-06-06
Posts 2

0 posted 2000-06-07 11:36 PM

My school participates in SADD (Students Against Drunk Driving) and we are putting together a video which we need poems to read during as well as just needing poems to read to the school throughout the red ribbon week.  If anyone could write some poems on Drunk Driving, losing someone b/c of drunk driving or anything else related to this I would really appreciate it.  We will use your name if desired in our video and/or announce your name in school when we read your poem.  thanks.  please e-mail me at smokey_carebear@hotmail.com

© Copyright 2000 poohtig - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2000-06-08 07:07 PM

Pooh~
I am e-mailing you a poem for your project.
It is a piece of my heart.
My brother, David Michael Cowart, was the victim of the negligence of a drunk driver.
I applaud the efforts of conscientious students like you and your group in making others aware of the sadness caused by such careless, selfish people as those who drink and drive.

Thank you again.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
Somewhere near the Rainbow
2 posted 2000-06-08 09:20 PM

I have also sent you a poem I wrote a year ago, not that I have lost anybody to it. I just started writing one day and it came out to be about that. Good luck with the video and all.  
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-06-14 07:40 PM

Hmmmm...think I'm seeing double..  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » i'm lookingfor a poem for SADD

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary