navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Can Anyone Please, Please Help me????
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Can Anyone Please, Please Help me???? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lisachiazza
since 2000-03-23
Posts 1
West Allis, Wisconsin USA

0 posted 2000-03-23 11:53 AM

To all of the wonderful poets,
   I am new here and I just wanted to tell you how beautiful and inspiring your works are....I hope that I can express my thoughts and feelings as well as you....
   My question is this....my husband met his daughter (from a previous relationship) for the first time yesterday.  She is 12 years old and a beautiful young girl.  He would like to send her a poem expressing his regrets for not being there as she was growing up (he'd been searching for her for the past 10 years), the love he has always held in his heart for her and the hope that she will let him become a part of her life now and be her dad.  
   I know that this is a pretty tall order and I would deeply appreciate any help you can offer with this sensitive and emotional situation.

Thank you all and God Bless.

Sincerely,

Lisa

© Copyright 2000 Lisa Chiazza - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
1 posted 2000-03-23 05:07 PM

Hi Lisa, it is nice to have you here. I will search for a poem for your husband, and I will also attempt to write one. Best of luck to all of you!

Elizabeth  

"He have his goodness now. God forbid I take it from him!"
-The Crucible

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
2 posted 2000-03-24 03:28 PM

There are several incredible poets that would probably be happy to write a poem for you.
First person that comes to mind is Michael. His writing is simply awesome!  There is also Marge, Hoot, PoetdeVine, Balladeer, Nan and some others that are exceptional poetry writers.  Bet they would be flattered to have you ask.
I would give it a try but my muse is presently in the caboose.
Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by Danny Holloway (edited 03-24-2000).]

just_another_fe
since 2000-02-05
Posts 483
MICHIGAN
3 posted 2000-03-29 12:03 PM

you might get more responds to this if you put it in poetry challenge....just a suggestion
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Can Anyone Please, Please Help me????

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary