navwin » Discussion » Q & A » search - help!
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic search - help! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana

0 posted 2000-02-01 11:12 AM

Ron: Search by author isn't working for me today... I find it's the easiest way to go back to a poem I've responded to... but it's finding nothing over the last day... and I know I haven't been silent for 24 hours... or even the last 24 minutes! LOL.

© Copyright 2000 suthern - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2000-02-01 11:52 AM

Oops...

The explaination is here: /pip/Forum19/HTML/000034.html

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 posted 2000-02-01 11:53 AM

Oh dear, Suthern, look at the Annoucements Forum....I fear I am to blame for this too...please forgive a weird Dutchie  
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
3 posted 2000-02-01 01:02 PM

Okay, Ron... I do understand the problem. But I post very few poems and lots of responses... and up until today, was using the search feature daily. I hate to cause you more work... but I sure would like a return to status quo where ALL posts could be pulled up... or at least have that as an option... It sure does make my limited logon time more efficient! *S*

By the way... I responded to both of the threads in the suggestion box that you pointed me towards... I think "searching" is where I gave my most fervent plea for full search by author capability. *G*

But that led me to another thought (two in one day for a blonde... make note! *G*) I never check that forum... no thoughts lead to no suggestions. *G* And I don't check the announcements often either... it seems to be mostly personal stuff and time is limited. *S* On the old boards, there was a flag to let us know of new announcements that were of universal concern... Is there any way to get such a flag back... I feel I've wasted the whole morning's reading time trying to track down why something that worked yesterday doesn't today... Thanks!

[This message has been edited by suthern (edited 02-01-2000).]

fc
since 2000-01-18
Posts 130

5 posted 2000-02-02 09:52 AM

yep will ditto suthern.....I used to like that flag too.....I don't have time to go to annoucements or suggestions very often either

oh and double ditto the search option....when I have lost a poem, I do that too....and my memory certainly isn't what it used to be lolol....so I lose poems often....lolol...oh well.....but my vote is still if there is a way, please put it back....thanks

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
6 posted 2000-02-02 01:23 PM

My memory isn't what it used to be either, I know I posted it, I know what I posted but I just can't remember where...LOL

Pretty please?

HUGS

The grape passes through the press to yield wine.

Your life must pass through the press
of passion and pain to yield the wine of wisdom..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » search - help!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary