navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Group and exchange
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Group and exchange Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL

0 posted 2000-01-08 08:24 PM

Just out of curiosity, I was thinking of getting together a poetry group of some sort.  Just a group of people who exchange poetry back and forth for comments suggests etc.  Somewhat like is done on-line already but maybe more so through email.  I think it would offer perhaps more in-depth responses  etc.  Just a thought on my part, as there seems to be no groups of this sort around me that I know of.  If you're interested you can get ahold of me at blueyz75@aol.com, or blondie_1994@yahoo.com, or kkosa@siue.edu.

Also, I was wondering if anyone would like to exchange poems via attachments to email?  I have alot, although not all, of my poems stored on disk so it would be no problem to attach and send to people.  That way when opened in their own word processor, they could format it as they saw fit.  Just an idea I had of something I would interested in doing.  Let me know.  

Thanks for reading!
Kelly

I love the male body, it's better designed than the male mind.---Andrea Newman

© Copyright 2000 Kelly M. Kosa - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2000-01-09 08:56 AM

Kelly - If what you're looking for is a sharing of works through email, no doubt you'll find some takers among our multitudes of poets here at Passions... If you're looking for more indepth responses to your work, try posting some of your poetry in the Critical Analysis Forum... You're always welcome there...
blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL
2 posted 2000-01-09 10:23 AM

Right now with school starting back up again tommorow   (working on teaching certification and masters in secondary education) I know I will keep up with my e-mail.  However, I don't know how much time I will spend on the board.  Hours seems to fly away as I sit here and I never seem to make a dent in the amount of poetry I want to read.  

What would be neat is if we could all make some sort of booklets up on our word processors (I have 89 poems on mine) and have them available to each other.  That would be a good way to share.  We just must respect other's works and not pass them off as our own.  My brain is thinking poetry again, first time in a long time and I love to read other's poems.  I have a binder of poems people have shared and I go back and look at times.

Catcha all later!
Kelly

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2000-01-09 12:28 PM

I would caution anyone who wanted to exchange poetry through any media beyond simple email to be very careful about computer viruses. Any attachment you have to "open" could cause serious problems...
blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL
4 posted 2000-01-09 01:35 PM

True.  If others are worried about it the exchange could be done within the email body itself.  As new as my computer is it does not have any colds and my auto virus protector is always on.  

Thanks for the friendly warning!
Kelly

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Group and exchange

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary