navwin » Discussion » Q & A » What's wrong with my computer
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic What's wrong with my computer Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Angel
since 1999-07-02
Posts 551
Pennsylvania

0 posted 1999-12-25 10:47 PM

Okay, I will read a certain thread and then when I come back later or the next day there will be more replies and I will go to read them but they won't show up.  I will go back and click on the subject again and then they will be there. Is there anyway to fix it?

~Susie~

© Copyright 1999 Susan Acacio - All Rights Reserved
Craig
since 1999-06-10
Posts 444

1 posted 1999-12-26 04:43 AM

Angel

What you’re experiencing sounds like a caching problem, to speed up the delivery of pages your browser, and your ISPs software, can be set to hold a copy of pages you visit in a temporary storage area ( or cache ). This isn’t a problem during general surfing because most of the pages on the web are not updated as quickly as those at Passions. From what you say my guess would be that the cache problem exists on your PC and not the ISP, you need to check the settings there first. Contacting your ISP just to check whether caching is turned on at their side wouldn’t be a bad idea though.

Angel
since 1999-07-02
Posts 551
Pennsylvania
2 posted 1999-12-26 09:25 PM

Thanks for the help, I will try that. You guys are the best  .

~Susie~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » What's wrong with my computer

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary