navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Poem Experts
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Poem Experts Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Private
since 2009-01-12
Posts 1

0 posted 2009-01-12 08:11 PM

What is this poem about, I don't get it also what are the poetic devices being used and where and significance of them? Thx

Daily

[Edit Sorry, but this poem, by Naomi Shihab Nye, is protected by copyright. - Ron

[This message has been edited by Ron (01-12-2009 08:28 PM).]

© Copyright 2009 Private - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2009-01-13 01:15 PM

I didn't see the poem you posted of hers, but she is one of my very favorites.  Go to YouTube, and search your poem, and quite often you can find her poetry there.  Sometimes if you "hear" it read, it always makes more sense - at least that works for me.  
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2009-01-13 08:21 PM

Private, although your question was good, as you can see, we take copyright seriously around here. But, we most certainly welcome your own poetic thoughts and philosophies both in our open forums as well as in discussion.

Welcome to Passions!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Poem Experts

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary