navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Where do I email?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Where do I email? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BrokenWinged_Angel
since 2005-12-17
Posts 29

0 posted 2006-09-10 02:38 AM

Okay, in the past I've made a couple posts by this name simply because I can't (and stil can't) post with my other... I've held off on posting because I want to post with "ME" ... but "ME" is held by someone else that hacked one of my email addresses that I still can't recover.

Is there an email address I can write to to save my account? Or one that will tell me how to salvage the pieces left of my former identity?

BWA ~

© Copyright 2006 Nicole Anderson - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2006-09-10 03:18 AM

I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting. Obviously, we can't do anything about your email address. The security on your end of the connection is, of course, your responsibility.

The security on OUR end of the connection is, unfortunately, going to make it very difficult to resolve your problem. How do you propose proving an account here belongs to you and not someone else?

By all means, feel free to email me directly, but I clearly can't start handing out passwords just because someone asks for them.

BrokenWinged_Angel
since 2005-12-17
Posts 29

2 posted 2008-06-12 01:27 AM

I've been spending the past couple years trying to revive my old identity from all of the places I was registered with under the email that got hacked.

The best I can come up with to answer how to resolve it is really me is to do like I have else where and send you a copy of my drivers license and pictures over the years.  I had to come up with 10 years worth of pictures showing how my 'look' changed for one site.  My other pc died, but I can try to reconstruct the same time line for you here.

I could supply all of the address's I've lived at since first registering here in South Dakota.. but I don't have any idea if those records are available to you (old ip addresses).  

All I know is that it's been a long three years trying to recover my own identity.  If you have any other suggestions or hoops I should be looking to jump through, please, by all means, let me know.

I just want to be me again

~Formerly known as Broken Winged Angel~

Life is like a coin.  You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
3 posted 2008-06-12 05:54 AM

I wouldn't send my drivers license or pictures and other identifying information to anyone over the internet or in a fax...when I had trouble a while back with my ebay/paypal account that I wanted to close because of a fake paypal account email sent to me, I called and told them with all the scams going on and  illegal immigrants and others trying to steal "real" identities, why would I  send a picture  from my drivers license which then could be copied along with any other info like a utility bill they asked for.

I asked to speak to a higher authority until I got the situation cleared...it took over 48 straight hours of determination and demands, especially since it involved my own money.

How do you prove you are who you are even by information and a drivers license without being in person anyway? Eventually they just sent the money to the bank account listed and I closed their paypal account and was given extra money for all the  aggravation from the original person I spoke with.

Just curious,  if you have a name similar enough why would you want to spend all that time and energy to have the old name back? And if you have been hacked that many times as Ron mentioned the security problem may be somewhere on your end of the computer.

I have never had anything hacked, but then again I don't do anything important to me on line other than writing poetry and reading sites that could cause anyone to want to  take my identity. And I don't open emails or links from anyone  I am unfamiliar with.

Anyway, I don't believe anyone would want to be me.

Hoping you find a solution to your problem~~

M

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2008-06-12 09:07 AM

Work with Ron directly - and only with Ron.  He's the keeper of all of the information you have submitted here, and he alone can help.  He's a stickler for propriety and is completely trustworthy with any supportive information you have to offer.  He won't share your personal info with anyone.

Email him directly, and perhaps he can help.  Good luck..

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2008-06-12 10:53 AM

Yeah, what Nan said!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Where do I email?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary