navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Why can't others see photo of my post?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why can't others see photo of my post? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light

0 posted 2005-06-03 01:24 PM

Hello! I just posted a poem "My Country Home" in Open 35, and with it I posted a photo of the painting I did. I am able to see it when I go into my post, but others cannot.

Does anyone have any idea as to why others cannot view my photo, but I can?

I had scanned the phote to my MSN web pictures and then copied the URL to my post.

Hugs to all!
Linda

© Copyright 2005 Linda L. Dowd - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2005-06-03 01:51 PM

When I try to open your post in Open, I get a message requesting that I sign in to my MSN Community with my passport account.  I don't have one, so I can't see your graphic.

Your PC is likely automatically signed in, whereas any other viewer would have to sign in as well - provided they have an account, of course.

There's also the issue that your provider might not allow outside access to their graphics from other websites...

Hope that helps..  

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2005-06-03 01:54 PM

LOL ... that Nan 'finger-talks' faster than I do~

EarthyOne~
I'm guessing ... (but I've been known to be right on ocassion ) that the MSN site doesn't allow 'linking' to the photos posted ?
Have you linked to that site before ?

I tried copy and pasting the URL you placed in your post to my browser ... and it merely took me to a 'SIGN IN' page at MSN~

Got another place to upload your photos to ?
There's a FREE place at http://www.photobucket.com/  that allows linking to the images~

OR ... maybe the URL isn't exactly right ???

Hope it helps~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram <))><

Email noles1@totcon.com

timothysangel1973
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2001-12-03
Posts 1725
Never close enough
3 posted 2005-06-03 01:58 PM

This is your source code :

quote:

I tried just pasting the code into the browser window, and came up with a blank white page.  It could certainly be that MSN is on the blink - because it does not give me an image not found, or page not found error.

Maybe, and I am sure that Ron can get to the specifics of the matter.

It may be... that MSN wont allow a "hotlink" from another site, but I dont know

Wish I could help more

Tima

timothysangel1973
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2001-12-03
Posts 1725
Never close enough
4 posted 2005-06-03 01:59 PM

Well we all had the same Idea... I did not get that sign in screen, but I am almost SURE that it doesnt allow viewing from people that aren't members, and?  MSN is very strict about hotlinking images.

Tima

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
5 posted 2005-06-03 02:23 PM

My gosh! Your responses were quick ~ and much appreciated. I learned quite a bit from each of you! When I have the time, I will fiddle around with your suggestions.

In the meantime, if you care to see the painting I can send it via my Incredimail email. I have sent it to others already and it showed up there. I have lost many of your email addresses when my computer crashed and I cannot send the photo by clicking on your email envelope icons and sending it via PiP. Email me and I will reply with Incredimail and the pic.

I want to be as computer literate as all of you are when I finally grow up!

Thank you very much ~ all of you!

Linda

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2005-06-03 02:35 PM

of course, check your e-mail.
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
7 posted 2005-06-03 02:51 PM

Hi, Karilea! I sent an email to you earlier today but it came back with no response or attachments.

A few minutes ago, I joined photobucket.com as suggested by Marge and then reposted the picture. Apparently it can now be seen.

Now you have me wondering if you had something to do with the pic now appearing  or whether I managed to do it! lol

Linda

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
8 posted 2005-06-03 03:07 PM

Glad you finally got it Linda...

I thank Marge for the suggestion. I signed up for the photobucket site too.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
9 posted 2005-06-14 02:44 PM

Dixie ~

Your posts are so colourful now that you are able to post your photos and graphics!
This is fun, isn't it?!!! Thanks again, Marge!

Linda

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Why can't others see photo of my post?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary