navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Help needed to find...
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Help needed to find... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesCurtis
Unregistered
Posts 2

0 posted 2005-06-02 04:01 PM

A friend of mine gave me this recently, but we're not sure where it's come from.  Can anybody help?

There's nothing to stop you from building again when you find that your castles have crashed,
There is nothing to stop you from dreaming again when the things that you worked for are smashed,
There is no law to stop you from wearing a smile though perhaps you are crying inside,
There is never a reason for loosing a grip on your nerve and your faith and your pride,
There is nothing to gain by recounting your woes into every listening ear,
Though pity and sympathy won't suit you far though it may be quite kind and sincere,
Get on with the job of rebuilding your life it is useless to sigh and complain,
The best thing to do is to start out anew, pluck up all of your courage and try it again.

© Copyright 2005 JamesCurtis - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2005-06-02 04:23 PM

A preliminary search with Google brings up nothing...
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
2 posted 2005-06-02 04:35 PM

Starting Again Author Unknown

Copernic string: recounting your woes (exact phrase)

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
3 posted 2005-06-02 06:02 PM

Author unknown, but it sounds like an Edgar Guest poem. marty
Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
4 posted 2005-06-02 06:27 PM

I love it. "Starting over" exactly where I am at right now.
JamesCurtis
Unregistered
Posts 2

5 posted 2005-06-03 08:20 AM

Thanks - I'm glad you like it.  For some reason, the link to the full text refuses to work, merely creating an error in my browser.  Can anyone with a technical mind suggest how I can access the page?
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
6 posted 2005-06-03 09:58 AM

Seems to be getting a bit flaky.  Through Copernic, the majority of hits mirror back to the one I listed above, all from tmsyn.wc.ask.com.  One possibility is that the primary site is down, for whatever reason.  Who knows...the original author might've caught wind of it and made a few requests.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Help needed to find...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary