navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Publishing question - where to start?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Publishing question - where to start? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rascalx
since 1999-08-25
Posts 590
Florence, SC, USA

0 posted 2005-01-24 09:36 PM

Ron and friends,

I'm sure this question has been asked here before; I just can't recall where I last saw it addressed sooooo....
    What are the best ways to get my work published, sold, etc... What are the best resources? Where best to begin? What are the pitfalls/things to watch out for? Although my works translate as poems on the Passions site, almost all of my poems are actually song lyrics and I would love to see them put to music professionally. I'm just clueless on how to go about it! (lol) Lay your wisdom on me, my fellow Pipsters.

Looking forward to hearing from ya,      
                    Jeff

© Copyright 2005 Jeff Osborne - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2005-01-25 05:57 PM

We used to have a forum devoted specifically to this quest.  It was moderatied by Ruth - hoot_owl_rn.  She's a great resource, as she's had many of her works published in a variety of publications.  If you'd like her email address, I'd be happy to forward it to you - Or you can research her here and send a request through the PiP software.
MyEnchanted_Melody
since 2001-05-30
Posts 1106
across the land of dreams. In your heart, I'd always be.
2 posted 2005-07-04 08:54 PM

Hi
I have the same questions and concerns...
I'd love to get a clue on how to start getting published..
So...
I hope Nan that you'd help me and forward me Ruth's email..if possible.

Thank you dearly

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2005-07-04 09:26 PM

MEM...

check your mail!

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
4 posted 2005-07-05 12:30 PM

I get alot of my stuff stolen, so make sure you get you good poems pattened or copywrited.  Unfortunitly alot of song writers steal stuff so be weary were you post it on the internet. lol Why can't poeple be honest?

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Publishing question - where to start?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary