navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Preview Problem
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Preview Problem Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach

0 posted 2003-11-01 11:37 AM

Hello. I posted this question in the "Geek Stuff" forum, but thought I would try here as well. I am not able to "preview" any of my poetry or comments before I post them. I haven't been in Pip for a few weeks, so I don't know what the problem could be. I have no idea what made this happen. Any hints? Suggestions? Thanks. Chris/Nightshade

© Copyright 2003 Chris Barker - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2003-11-01 03:13 PM

Are you getting any screen popup when you try?
Are you using a semi-colon in your post?
What are your symptoms?  There's no way to answer your question without more information...

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
2 posted 2003-11-01 03:38 PM

No Nan, I am not getting anything. It looks like it is loading up, but nothing shows on the screen. Ron just said in Deputy Mod that it might be that Ethel(she has same problem) and I might have a pop-up blocker (which I do)that is stopping it. He said the preview is considered a pop-up window. So, I will see if getting rid of the pop-up swatter helps. Will let you know. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks, Chris
Nightshade
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
3 posted 2003-11-01 03:41 PM

just checking............Yippeeeeeeee! Ron was right!! What a wiz!!   I disable the PopSwatter and now it works! Yippeeeee!
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
4 posted 2003-11-01 08:29 PM

Chris..that happened to me awhile back and Ron suggested the same..I guess it is in the archives or you would have been able to see it posted...it only  does it with preview..

you can see topic review even with the blocked popups.. glad you solved it
*s
M

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2003-11-04 02:00 AM

If you push Ctrl then click preview, or whatever you want in here, it overrides the popup blocker - try that, it works for me.  So, one finger on ctrl, and click with the other, all together now, ctrl-click  

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (11-04-2003 02:02 AM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Preview Problem

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary