navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Spyware/Adware attack
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Spyware/Adware attack Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ

0 posted 2003-08-07 01:26 PM

I think I've been hit. I always loved listening to music on the Internet, but that has caused me some annoyances. I've been gettin more and more popups, and it annoys me more than spam. I've had a program check my computer and it found that thousands of Spyware and Adware programs have made their home in my new pc, tracking what I view in the internet and using that information to send those popups on the sites i regularly visit. Every time I view Piptalk, five popups come up simultaneuosly. Doesn't these programs violate some privacy law or something? And how can I remove them from my pc?

© Copyright 2003 George Salazar - All Rights Reserved
Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra
1 posted 2003-08-07 08:12 PM

There's a program you can download called "Ad-aware". Install it on your computer, and run it after every internet session. It will find and delete all spyware programs that have been installed on your computer while you were on the internet. You can download it free from http://www.webattack.com/get/adaware.shtml  or any number of other sites. Just put it into a search engine, and it will turn something up.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Bec  

"Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?" ~ Arthur Weasley

[This message has been edited by Bec (08-07-2003 08:14 PM).]

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
2 posted 2003-08-07 08:43 PM

Thanks. I really needed this.
Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

3 posted 2003-08-07 09:07 PM

I've been getting it too. horribly anoying pop ups that come every 5 seconds.

insanity is not a crime

Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra
4 posted 2003-08-08 04:19 AM

Glad I could help. It's a great program.

Bec

"Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?" ~ Arthur Weasley

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Spyware/Adware attack

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary