navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Uses of symbolism with in the poetry of Robert Frost
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Uses of symbolism with in the poetry of Robert Frost Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
t-bear
since 2003-07-24
Posts 1

0 posted 2003-07-24 01:48 PM

I need to write an essay on the specific uses of symbolism within the poetry of Robert Frost. I need to know the symbol and the idea that it represents. I need to list at least 4 examples of symbolism. The poems I have to do it from are Tree at My Window, The Pasture, Revelation, They Were Welcome to Their Belief, and Birches. I just need some ideas to go off of.

Mick

© Copyright 2003 t-bear - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2003-07-24 09:57 PM

Robert Frost was a master at the use of metaphor and extended metaphor.  Writing about it shouldn't be too difficult.

Here's a link to a similar assignment about his work.  Perhaps it'll give you a direction.
http://www.teachit.co.uk/pdf/frost210c.pdf

[This message has been edited by Nan (07-24-2003 09:59 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Uses of symbolism with in the poetry of Robert Frost

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary