navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Dry Spell
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dry Spell Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

0 posted 2000-02-11 11:40 PM

On the........

< !signature-->

Thoughts of a dry brain in a dry season ~ T.S. Eliot

[This message has been edited by warmhrt (edited 02-12-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 warmhrt - All Rights Reserved
jbouder
Member Elite
since 1999-09-18
Posts 2534
Whole Sort Of Genl Mish Mash
1 posted 2000-02-12 10:57 AM

Kris:

The unspoken power and intensity of this piece is what caught my eye at first reading.  On second reading I focused in on "On" and on third reading I focused in on the "the ...".  Brilliant, simply brilliant.  On the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh readings I wast rapt by the interaction of the words "On the ...".  On my eighth, ninth, tenth and eleventh readings ... oh I just can't convert my thoughts to words.  

Keep them coming, Kris.  At least now you probably have enough inspiration to write about how much of a pain in the butt I can be.        

The dry spell will pass, I'm sure.  You always have three moderators and philip to pick on, you know.  Maybe you could try to write a double sestina or a villanelle.  lol.

Later.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jbouder (edited 02-12-2000).]

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
2 posted 2000-02-12 02:02 PM

pHAt and wEt warmhrt!!  pHAt and wEt!!  

Hate is a dead thing. Who of you would be a tomb? -Kahlil Gibran

Poertree
since 1999-11-05
Posts 1359
UK
3 posted 2000-02-12 05:07 PM

Well Kristine

You have my admiration and congratulations .. you just wrote a poem that took the great Jim ... let's see ... yes ... ELEVEN readings to fully absorb ...

.. the downpour will soon come Kris

P

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
4 posted 2000-02-12 08:39 PM

firstly,thank u for reading my poem "hair matters"")here i am to return the flavour...

at first i was searching for your poem...i couldn't believe that was all that was to it...then i realised that that was your poem and my 1st reaction was "Huh,what's warnhrt trying to say?"
then,i read the title"dry spell" and the quote by T.S.Eliot and just thought this was so ingenious--who could have thought that one could write a poem about the lack of creative juices he is facing???your poem is simple but the subtlety behind it is beautiful....")

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
5 posted 2000-02-12 08:53 PM

Okay, you got me on this one. I was frantically waiting for you to repost or reedit what you've written and it took some of the other comments for it to sink in what you are doing. Enjoyed it  (once I got the point).  

Brad

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Dry Spell

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary