navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Twenty; Inspection Of An Introspection...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Twenty; Inspection Of An Introspection... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2017-12-18 12:37 PM

Meditating, I find myself perched at the edge of an ever-elusive awareness
I feel ready now, lover, to claim all the scenery that is rightfully our own

Reminiscing about days when the sun was busy spreading freckles on our young faces,
and our toes, deep in the warm, white sand, were scratching out random shapes

Then, recalling how we used to follow seagulls right up to our shoulders in the sea before we felt wet,
and how they made us chase them so far away from the shore, only to return to do it all again

As those images come and go, still others leave me to die alone in the depths of the Dead Sea
Bringing my reading list to life from within my sine-wave mind, creating World War III

Promise me it wasn't so, lover, and I will hand you the benefit of a very shadowy doubt
But for now, my darling, just know, that I’m a famed solipsist, and to me...I am ugly today

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2017 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2017-12-18 05:50 AM

Bluesy,
You and your big fancy words I have to google! Where do you come up with these words? Do you read the thesaurus for fun? It is an excellent word by the way. And what a fine poem for it to show up in. I know you can be silly but your writing still has an intellectual air. You seem to be getting smarter all the time...have you been sleeping in a Holiday Inn Express? ~L  

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2017-12-18 11:02 AM

quote:
"Do you read the thesaurus for fun?
Ha-ha-ha! That's funny, Miss Lori! No, not really! But I do indeed use it from time to time. The reason for that is because I'm not that smart. I could have said, "I'm a famed egomaniac", but it would have been like 'double-clutching' without a clutch. So, using  "I’m a famed solipsist" seemed to carry the tone of the 'tale' a bit better. I'm certain that this was the word you were referring to...or was it "wet"?

Many thanks as always, Lori Rhoden.

...just bein' Bluesy

Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
3 posted 2017-12-18 11:31 AM

Dats da woid! The definition is as interesting as the word itself. ~L
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2017-12-18 12:17 PM

..."as interesting as the word itself"...not unlike yourself. m'dear.

((NOT your 'ego' silly, you! )

...just bein' Bluesy

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
5 posted 2017-12-18 10:52 PM

Oh the places we can go and the emotions we can feel when we take a journey through our wandering minds...I liked your word usage in this one...I've always enjoyed using words no one has heard of before....My Mom used to tease me when I would use one and say it was a 50 cent word! lol  With inflation though I think your words may be 75 cents!  lol  Just kidding around with you ~ Much enjoyed reading
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
6 posted 2017-12-19 02:45 AM

.75 cents a word? Really? Honest Injun? I knew I liked you, Miss Pinky! I'll need a little help counting them all though. Just let me know when you're free and we'll get started!

P.S This time, bring your purse!

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Twenty; Inspection Of An Introspection...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary