navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Seventeen, Charmed To Be Disarmed...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Seventeen, Charmed To Be Disarmed... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2017-12-09 12:13 PM

The clock stopped sometime on March 17th, I think...I don’t remember exactly
Her name was Linny, all of five-foot-five

The sun fell so far beneath the trees...as though playing hide and seek
She smirked quietly as I tried to be entertaining that day in the woods

What came over she and I in those woods, some might call “nature”, I’m not sure I'll ever know...
But as we came out into the clearing, she called me her man and I called her my woman

So “tick-tock” went the midsummer clock as we laughed and went back in the woods
She could seduce flowers to smell so pretty for me, and me alone

Bees seemed to buzz all around us as I tasted honey dripping off from her tongue
Only Linny could seduce the bees, and charm them as if by magic

So, the Summer sun turned cold as that old “tick-tock” continued, and I didn’t try to stop it
She stared deep into me saying she didn’t want me...that she would become me

Now, I keep all her love letters in a very special place, and at times pour over them for days on end
I weep and I wonder whenever I look at our picture, and my eyes just stop...and she charms me once again

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2017 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2017-12-09 06:33 AM

Bluesy,
You don't just say you love her, or why you love her, you say why you can't help but love her. You know how to write your way inside and out about love. I think this is a special piece. ~L

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2017-12-09 01:03 PM

My only desire is to be visible, Miss Lori. Thank you for making me feel I've succeeded in my efforts.

...just bein' Bluesy

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
3 posted 2017-12-09 05:05 PM

You've definitely made yourself visible as well as your heart...Laid bare within the tenderness of the moment ~ Thank you for sharing it Bluesy ~ Much enjoyed
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
4 posted 2017-12-09 06:54 PM

"saying she didn’t want me...that she would become me"

This line made your fantastic write in this poem, Bluesy! I have had lovers say those words to me almost ver-batim. A sad thing to hear what they really thought of me.

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
5 posted 2017-12-09 09:06 PM

Thanks for the read, Jerry. I appreciate your relating your own experience.

...just bein' Bluesy

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
6 posted 2017-12-10 12:03 PM

Thanks so much, Miss Pinky. You see into the sensitivities of poems with a well-honed intuition. Your comments are always appreciated.   

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Seventeen, Charmed To Be Disarmed...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary