navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Rainbow Stampede
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rainbow Stampede Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HM3
since 1999-07-15
Posts 169
TX

0 posted 2018-09-15 12:18 PM

We had to say goodbye to our oldest pup Sid. In the beginning he was so mischievous. He ate the wires on the sound system along with other things. He shredded the mail and Daddys' paper without asking. He rearranged small objects to a place of his liking. He was a naturalist as he would not could not wear a collar. We tried to take him for a walk in a harness and he just bucked trying to free himself. Sid was a good dog and he would help me in the garden and by my side or in my lap was where he wanted to be.

We got to enjoy him for about 14 years. It has been two weeks today. As I heal my broken heart these words flowed down my cheeks like rain.

Like puppies, tears are good for the soul. Please enjoy my new poem "Rainbow Stampede".

The clouds have given way to the morning sun and the rainbow stampede has just begun.
Throwing out colors from floor to ceiling a brand new day just for healing.
All of the broken rested through the night, all of the pain tucked out of sight.
We wake we rise with eyes anew with purposeful dreams that give us a clue.
How do we heal as we walk away, from promises broken of yesterday.
We'll take a walk, we'll play ball after supper. My beautiful pup who is like no other.
The rainbow bridge ~ well it must be real for heaven to have any earthly appeal.
Please run to find me when it is my turn to cross and if you would, please bring the boss.
A deity that I'm dying to see, to hug and praise for giving you to me.
I miss you, I love you beyond the stars, and no one ever had a love like ours.

© Copyright 2018 Mark Ozee - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2018-09-23 08:42 AM

A sweet and loving tribute to an irreplaceable love. ~L
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2018-09-25 07:54 PM

Zoe, my little dog died on my about two months ago. Can't get her out of my mind.

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Rainbow Stampede

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary