navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » A Crushed Flower
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Crushed Flower Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana

0 posted 2016-12-17 09:46 PM

I held a flower in my hand,
Its colors were alive and grand.
I decide to crush out its worth,
And give unto it a new birth.
The flower is mangled in death,
It has no beauty and no breath.
     If I could bring back the hour,
     I'd not dishonor the flower.

©November 30, 2016 / Jerry Pat Bolton

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

© Copyright 2016 Jerry Pat Bolton - All Rights Reserved
Ari Squire
Posts 488
In The Phallus Lane
1 posted 2016-12-17 10:19 PM

Feeling remorse is the proper course, for even the flower forgives your power and asks your tomorrow to relieve your sorrow.

I'm terribly sorry Jerry for this silly response to your well recorded misdeed. You likely were a child or created one in your inimitable style as a muse of sorts. It's another fine example of your "verse-a-tility".

I've just got to swear off this "cheap California Burgundy"! Great poetry undeserving of this 'sour-mash' response.

(I hope you're laughing Jerry)

Loving Linny Jean is poetry.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2016-12-17 10:25 PM

Oh, my friend, now you are talkin' . . . Sour Mash you betcha. I spent many, many years on the sour mash circuit. Love the taste of that particular kind of whisky. Had to give it up though, got to liking it a bit too much. signature-->

Ari Squire
Posts 488
In The Phallus Lane
3 posted 2016-12-18 12:53 PM

You're a good man Jerry. How do I know this? Because you drew the line and stayed behind it.

I know where I want the line, but right now I haven't a thing to draw with. But I do have a great helper who just might have some colored chalk.

"Sour mash circuit"! Man! Ha! What a 'whistle-whetter'!

Loving Linny Jean is poetry.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
4 posted 2016-12-18 09:25 AM

Eh . . . Colored chalk,eh? Matters not what you use to draw that line, Ari. What matters is that you stay behind it. I have, actually, drawn that line. It didn't make my life better, there were/are troubles, what it did was make "me" better.

Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
5 posted 2016-12-18 04:48 PM

I must confess I've crushed my share much to my shame. There was a day when I thought myself somehow incapable of it. Then hindsight being what it is, showed me the path I trod. Nary a human lives that has no regrets. ~L
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
6 posted 2016-12-18 05:25 PM

Ahhh . . . We live lives without boundaries in the early adult years, and later on we wonder what in the hell we were thinking.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » A Crushed Flower

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary