navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Carnivorous Bat
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Carnivorous Bat Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana

0 posted 2016-07-06 10:18 AM

Would you look at that
Carnivorous bat
Looks like a wharf rat
Wings spread for combat
Radar-flying at
No time for chitchat
Cares not where he shat
Get a baseball bat
At least wear a hat.

©June 27, 1016 / Jerry Pat Bolton

© Copyright 2016 Jerry Pat Bolton - All Rights Reserved
Ari Squire
Posts 488
In The Phallus Lane
1 posted 2016-07-06 02:27 PM

Gave me a hearty laugh here Jerry. I live in an older house where I occasionally have to chase one of the buggers down with a broom handle and a modified milk jug. I don't like to kill them, so I just take them outside and release them so we can do it all over again some other time.

Thanks for for the chuckles.

More feelings and fewer words please

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2016-07-06 02:33 PM

I have no death wish for bats either, Ari. I also understand they are not really after humans, unless they may be rabid. Glad you got a chuckle out of the little poem as I did with visions of you chasing that bat where you live. Thank you for dropping by.

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
3 posted 2016-07-06 06:39 PM

No trouble with Bats but a couple of years ago a Crow daily attacked the patio window pulling out the sealant. I tried every method I could find to scare it away with no effect. I was left with only one alternative; I bought a cheap air rifle.
I lined the bugger up and took first pressure on the trigger when it turned and looked at me. I raised the rifle high and fired and put the gun in the loft out of harms way. I’ve had more than my fill of guns.
By some small miracle the crow stopped attacking the window. I’d like to think it was a Thank you for his life’ but more probably it thought ‘I’m not giving you a second bloody chance’ intelligent critters are Crows.

Thanks for the laugh Jerry.

Cari.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
4 posted 2016-07-06 07:09 PM

Hah! Thanks Cari, checking out my poem and for telling the story of your aggravating Crow. You can bet it didn't bother you anymore because of the shot over its head. Like you said, they are smart and survivors.

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
5 posted 2016-07-08 01:22 PM

really loved that, Jerry, even if words are not easy and i Hate bats, I felt like reading a Silverstein Poem
yann

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
6 posted 2016-07-08 01:28 PM

Hah! Thank you Yann, I love Silverstein. Appreciate your thoughts about my crazy poem.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Carnivorous Bat

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary