navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Turning red doesn't always mean you're mad
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Turning red doesn't always mean you're mad Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DaysofView
since 2014-04-01
Posts 433
Just A Slice Of The Pie

0 posted 2016-05-16 01:00 AM

I'd feel more human if I were to blush.
I never remember being embarrassed
bare-butted a time or two at a variety of ages
but it was never embarrassing

I just made off, that's all

wish I would have blushed though
I'd be a different type of person today
more socially acceptable
more considerate of others
better educated
less annoying
more tolerant
respectful of the edge
just an all-around better person

if only I could have blushed

If I were more than I am, I'd see things differently instead of the same all the time.

© Copyright 2016 I'm Thinking...Okay? - All Rights Reserved
Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
1 posted 2016-05-16 05:12 AM

I may be way wrong but I read your poem as a touch of tongue in the cheek, by that I mean it’s as when someone starts lecturing you on your many short comings and instead of confronting them you appear to agree with them, then smile and go your own sweet way.
Not sure if the saying ‘tongue in the cheek’ is used in the States but one way it’s used over here to avoid getting into a pointless argument by pretending to agree with someone who is pointing out all the many faults you have when in fact you don’t give a toss.
I for one don’t care that you can’t blush, we are what we are and what you see is what you get i.e. get over it.

Whether I have got the right understanding of your poem, it doesn’t matter. It gave me a big smile this morning. Thanks, delightful, and Billy’s a lucky man.

Cari.

Pete_W
Posts 185
Scotland (UK)
2 posted 2016-05-16 06:31 AM

Enjoyed reading this, brought back a memory or two of my own aged about 8 playing Batman wearing just a towel as a cape. A different you, how different though? I'm sure there are other things you would not change. Thanks.
Pete

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
3 posted 2016-05-16 09:28 AM

Eh . . . If you were self-conscious about not being able to blush, then in your mind, you did blush. Never thought the ability to blush opened more doors for you than were closed to the non-blushers . . .

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

jjote
since 2002-12-25
Posts 1088
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2016-05-17 12:38 PM

I rather think that not blushing when you're embarrassed is an act of someone with strong mind or will - if you have not done anything wrong, and someone is trying to nitpick you, I say let that person be the one to be embarrassed himself.. So, I'm with you there, WTG
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2016-05-19 08:23 PM

nice writing...james
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Turning red doesn't always mean you're mad

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary