navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Three Line Poem (Sorta)
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Three Line Poem (Sorta) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana

0 posted 2016-01-04 11:18 PM

Three Line Poem (Sorta)

Have so many rejoicing in my leaving
decided to come back.
Whatever coming back means.
Not here to fuss and fight
Just back . . .

©January 4, 2016 / Jerry Bolton

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

© Copyright 2016 Jerry Pat Bolton - All Rights Reserved
Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
1 posted 2016-01-05 12:03 PM

quote:
"Have so many rejoicing in my leaving"
I haven't included myself on every post, but of those I have seen and replied to in the last 24 hours, I  came upon none that rejoiced in your leaving.

You have your own reasons for what you do like everyone else, including me. I joined Pip 14 years ago and have 'left' several times. I've been a member of various boards since 'The Wall of Whispers' nearly 18 years ago. Some went 'belly-up' and others are still around. Some people here were on those boards but also 'left' on their life's journey.

I'm not exactly a 'flash-in-the-pan', but when I do leave again I won't be expecting anyone to leap from their 10th floor apartment or stand on the sidewalk so I can drop a grand piano on top of them.

You have friends here and I am trying to be one of them. Its my wish that you try to remember that...come what may. You could say we, your friends, are 'true blue'.

88's friend

She told me "play one for your supper Danny and maybe you'll get breakfast".

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2016-01-05 07:57 AM

Thank you, Ticklefingers.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
3 posted 2016-01-05 03:01 PM

Jerry, You do have many who follow and enjoy your work. Do not be so hared on yourself. As for me I am not a poet so I usually read and enjoy.Your writing and poems have  been  read and enjoyed more than you realize by many. Sometimes people are way over my head so I hesitate to drop in and make  replay. That is my feeling and no disrespect to the writer.Jo
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
4 posted 2016-01-05 03:12 PM

I understand, Jo, and I deeply appreciate your wonderful words to me. Thank you,

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
5 posted 2016-01-05 07:06 PM

You cannot, not write Mr. Jerry
It is in your soul, and you must purge your feelings..

All poets get the blues sometimes, it's in our make up, because we compact the world in short lines, andconcentrate life into a few stanzas.

Writting stops us from getting "The mean reds" more often than we should.

Lay it on us, J

"Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance."
Carl Sandburg

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
6 posted 2016-01-05 07:09 PM

Do the best I can, Ice. Thank you. But as far as "lay it on us," I think I'll back away from that for a good long while..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Three Line Poem (Sorta)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary