navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » My Hate is Deep
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Hate is Deep Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana

0 posted 2016-01-03 12:05 PM

My hate is damn deep for anyone to see
at those who murder innocents with glee.
it is gripping at me, splitting my heart into,
smiling mad dogs, laughing at me; at you.

Don't tell me it is not right for me to hate
killers of children, that it is not a good trait.
My heart has been forever altered to abhor
men who have no mercy for me to explore.

I will not get over it, not forgive nor forget,
what was done to folks who posed no threat.
Got up one morning, showered and dressed
never thinking they would be in such a mess.

Now they are pointing fingers to find blame
in this very public, partisan, culpability train.
Hell, I can tell you who to shake fingers at
you have to go back many years to find that.

We have been so preoccupied with being fair
giving victims less rights than a killers share.
America has, over the years become pathetic,
smarmy lawyers get bad guys off, oh, so chic.

Don't monitor the borders, not the refugees,
let them all come, they just want to be free.
But there are many who come for to slay,
and looked at the USA as a land to prey.

Yeah, there are a lot of people to share fault,
allowing madmen to come, stay, and assault.
But pointing fingers will never make it fine
what was done here, we are much maligned.

I say this, you say that, but we'll never agree
voices as far apart as east and west coast seas.
Still, I do say this, and I say it strong and loud
we must come together, be America proud.

Somewhere, somehow, pettiness and hate
has to be put aside, either fish or cut bait.
If we cannot find a common ground to exist
we may as well go home and slit our wrists.

©December 16, 2015 / Jerry Pat Bolton

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

© Copyright 2016 Jerry Pat Bolton - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2016-01-03 01:17 PM

Letting off some steam there, huh! Lots of energy! (about blew my eyebrows back) I'd say the ole goat's got a lot of kick left...
  ~L

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2016-01-03 01:23 PM

Heh.Heh Old goat, eh? Not a problem, I'll answer to that, sha. Really appreciate your comments. Back to the grindstone tomorrow I imagine. It just ain't right, I know, but somebody's gotta do it and no one is better at doing it than you . . .

Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
3 posted 2016-01-03 01:34 PM

Lot's of anger here JerryPat, lot's of anger.

There will be many points of view but no solutions. Man is simply incapable of solving his problems.

There is no such thing as good hate. Even the sound of the word is appalling, is it not? The hate you feel is the same hate your enemies use to implement their evil agendas. Mix with that hate some belief system or another and you've got headline news with your morning coffee.

Man needs help to comfort his troubled spirit and there is nowhere for him to get it but from a power higher than his own. If he doesn't accept that help, he dies a thousand deaths.

Atrocities are part and parcel of war. For my generation it was My Lai, South Vietnam where innocent women, young and old with babies in their arms were systematically killed by American troops. Other acts of genocide, 'ethnic cleansing', infanticide and countless other acts of sickening violence are Man's legacy. I look closer to home and see the children of my hometown being gunned down in the streets. The abomination of abortion and young mothers leaving their babies in dumpsters and back alley garbage cans.

Where does one start? What can one do?

The god of this world is having his way JerryPat and you and I are powerless to stop him.

Someone greater than he is the only answer, if there is one at all.

It's Sunday and there will be kids playing outside soon with their 'booty' from Christmas. I guess I'll have some coffee now, read the news, then go out and goof around with them a little.

88's friend   <----<<< ( Wear this all day...Doctor's orders! )    

She told me "play one for your supper Danny and maybe you'll get breakfast".

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
4 posted 2016-01-03 01:54 PM

I love the sound of "hate" Ticklefingers. My hate does not even come close to corresponding with ISIS's hate man.

Uh, what should we do? Accept the would- president's method of dealing with them? It is like what he said in his biography, "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction..." 'Nuff said, Ticklefingers.

American troops killing women and kids at their breasts? Could very well be. If so they deserve my hate too.

We have a different mind-set it seems. You can spout off all the things I am guilty of, like saying what I believe. Matters not. You'll not change my thoughts about hate, and I won't even try to change yours.

[This message has been edited by JerryPat2 (01-03-2016 05:10 PM).]

Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
5 posted 2016-01-03 05:15 PM

I  won't try to change your mind or anyone's. You made a post and I replied, that's all.

I take care of what I can in my little bubble and that has worked well for me up to this point.

I've been involved in a war and told to 'hate' my enemy as did my 'brothers in arms'. Now that enemy is a friend with hotels and pristine beaches where American blood stained the sand.

So if there is a way for you to act on your hate and do something about what it is your hate is directed at, maybe you should.

Words won't cut it today anymore than they would when I was full of p*** and vinegar willing to act on a hate that was constantly whispered and sometimes screamed into my ears.
quote:
"American troops killing women and kids at their breasts? Could very well be. If so they deserve my hate too"
You state this like you don't really know. The examples are far too numerous to mention beyond the most conspicuous one of the Vietnam war which I previously referred to.

I don't know how you were trained JerryPat, by the military or the media, but by whichever method or means, you will rid yourself of your hate or die a cynical old man saying the same things as all the cynical old men before you.

My years say I'm old, not as old as you but old nonetheless. I am fortunate to have a wife to do things with and relate to. I've always been fortunate to do things that draw me close to people and them to me. One area that is best to avoid is the old standard two of which I'm sure you know.

Add wars, slaughters, and the cruelty that goes with them and they always (for me anyway) lead to my previous reply.

Its my wish that when and if the smoke clears, you find some peace of mind.

88's friend  

She told me "play one for your supper Danny and maybe you'll get breakfast".

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
6 posted 2016-01-03 05:25 PM

Thank you for your constant in-depth feeling, Ticklefingers . . .

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
7 posted 2016-01-03 05:53 PM

The poem is as harsh, and to the point on the subject (Hate)
as it can be...Well done in that respect, and
even though I believe this is not the place to discuss politics,
or current events, there is something that bothers me in the wording of some replies,
And answers to those replies..that makes me say this...

The banter between Ticklefingers, and yourself is disturbing.
The horrors of  My Lai, did happen, and yet war continues,
the highest animation of the word, hate, in my opinion.

Our president has done more to perpetrate the continuance of war (hate) than shows on the surface.
Drone strikes, almost every time have killed innocent people, many of them children..I hate that.

But certain paragraphs in his book(s) may have caused you to hate him more than he deserves...
Here is why..

You posted a quote in your reply to a reply by Ticklefingers:

"I will stand with the Muslims should the
political winds shift in an ugly direction...

That quote ran around the internet, seemingly to build up more hate for Obama?.
This quote is false, taken out of context, with cherry picked words, to make it sound real.
I suppose it was made as a reference to a paragraph in
Obamas book "Audacity Of Hope" if there is any context to it at all.

The "ugly direction" in the erroneous email was (I believe) in reference to a sentence in "Audacity Of Hope"  

"that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II,
and that I will stand with them (American Muslims) should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

He seems to be saying that concentration camps set up to house American citizens is wrong.
Maybe Trump would disagree with him..But I don't.

Always enjoy your poetry, Jerry..Keep'em comin'

"Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance."
Carl Sandburg

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
8 posted 2016-01-03 05:58 PM

Thank you Ice.

shalisadefa
since 2009-08-13
Posts 114

9 posted 2016-01-20 07:02 PM

honest and heartfelt expression of emotion , I can truly relate
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
10 posted 2016-01-20 07:15 PM

Thank you, shalisadefa, thank you very much . . .

DaysofView
since 2014-04-01
Posts 433
Just A Slice Of The Pie
11 posted 2016-01-20 08:07 PM

I'm really glad your okay Jerrypat! Your a favorite of mine. I like TF okay, but he can be mean sometimes like he was to me.

It was just a thought which made them run. It was just an act that killed them.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
12 posted 2016-01-20 08:24 PM

Thank you, DV, I appreciate your kind words.

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
13 posted 2016-01-21 10:09 AM

I have not contributed to this debate, for that’s what it has become, as I am not American and don’t live in your country. I have though, followed the coming election in the U.S as what happens there affects all of us to some extent.
So I’ll express some of my own views with the hope that I don’t tread on to too many toes.
I have often thought that America is a difficult nation to govern. With over fifty states, each with their own governing agendas and policies which to some degree, affect what the federal government can achieve in establishing a general framework in which to govern for all the people.  But a far more threat to good government is the way that corporate America has bought far too many politicians who represent their interests above the concerns of the common people. They don’t have to do much, just block any bill that is not in the interests of their paymasters.

The coming elections give you the chance to retain the status quo or to move the pendulum closer to a more equal society; I wish you the best of luck.

Cari.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
14 posted 2016-01-21 10:46 AM

I imagine it is difficult to understand our governing situation, with one central government in Washington, and fifty individual states with their own governing powers. The framers of our constitution, in my opinion, believed that if the original states were able to write their own laws, in an attempt to not allow the federal government to gain too much power. It has worked beautifully up until  few years ago. If a state passed a law that the federal government deemed unreasonable, the federal government could disband that law, usually with the supreme court voting on it. Eh, yes, we are going through trying times. The coming election, god help us if another Democrat gets elected. I am for Trump, or Cruz, Trump, because he is not a politician and knows how to get things done. Yes, he is crude at times, but I believe he is a sensible person and will be able to come to the table and express his views in a winning way. We have shredded our constitution, therefore Cruz, who is strict constitutionlist. I fear civil war, to tell you the truth, somehow I fear that Obama will try to hold onto power. We shall see . . . Thank you for your indepth comments on my poem.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » My Hate is Deep

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary