navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » If you Miss the Voice
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic If you Miss the Voice Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Krawdad
Member Elite
since 2001-01-03
Posts 2597

0 posted 2013-10-09 03:28 AM

If You Miss the Voice

Is there a poet you know
      of whom you will say kind things
      once they are no longer here to hear it

Did you tell John
      how good you considered his poetry to be

Did you tell Karen
      how much you felt the beat of her heart

Did you tell Helen
      how close she came to the thoughts you thought

Please, if you have not
      tell a poet your appreciation while you can

Write a poem
      attest to the power of their words

Arrange the lines
      before you must do so in remorse

Echo their voice
      the sound that will all too soon be missed

Before there is silence.

100913 / 0041

© Copyright 2013 Krawdad - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2013-10-09 05:09 AM

Dear Krawdad, thank you for these sensitive, beautiful words of wisdom. Too often indeed we miss the opportunity to share a word of love or appreciation, because we think we have enough time .... and yet, sometimes, the possibilities stop abruptly.

Let us all revive our beautiful blue pages by contributing to the feeling of being truly connected in spirit and creative art.

I don't know where you live, but I think it was very early ... when you posted this.

Love,
Margherita

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
2 posted 2013-10-09 07:48 PM

Your poem made me catch my breath.  You are so right, life is short and the moments are fleeting... For me I have never been comfortable online,  the dynamics are funny, even though I am the first to admit the people in cyberspace are real people with real feelings.  But after getting jacked a time or two or three, it wasn't worth the ache, for me anyway.  All I know is that I have a special place in my heart for those who made a difference in my life.  I just hope they know. Email addresses get deleted, (cough yea been there done that, my bad, very very bad) people move on, and seemingly disappear from the virtual world.  I am thankful however I was able to know Karen, Helen and John through their poetry, as well as all those who went before them. Each one of them had a brilliant mind, a keen eye and way with words that is a part of their legacy. I am forever greatful to have shared these blue pages with them.  Bless you good poet.  I wish you peace~

[This message has been edited by BluesSerenade (10-09-2013 10:01 PM).]

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
3 posted 2013-10-09 11:43 PM

Thank you for writing this, Krawdad. By the way, You are one of the poets whose poetry I  have grown to look forward to and enjoy very much. I have grown to know and love some of the wonderful poets on this site and miss the ones who have crossed over very much and I am glad that I did tell these three dear people and some others how much I valued them as poets and as people. I think poets are special people and appreciate each of you for your extraordinary gifts.
                              Ida

MICHELMAS
since 2012-02-15
Posts 305
Lancashire England
4 posted 2013-10-10 05:00 AM

So true
it only takes a moment to say thank you, so easy to just let the words pass by, and then they may be gone forever

Michael

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
5 posted 2013-10-10 05:04 AM

I do miss them.  And yes, but can we ever say it enough?  Really?

A

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
6 posted 2013-10-10 06:11 AM

All of you mean so much to me...have impacted many aspects of my life... I just need to find the words within to  express the poetry that has been dormant for a while.

Thank you to all the voices I hold in my heart, past and present.

M

Gale
since 2013-06-10
Posts 578
Russia
7 posted 2013-10-10 06:25 PM

A very good advice!
At least I know forums which were left. Poets have gone because they've thought that nobody needs their writing (((

Krawdad
Member Elite
since 2001-01-03
Posts 2597

8 posted 2013-10-11 01:35 AM

Margherita,
Some things seem to come together best between 0001 and 0300 hrs.  Maybe it is the silence.

Lori,
And it is just so easy to quietly move on, in this odd cyber world, never having said thank you or good bye . . .

Ida,
Thanks for your reply.

Michael,
Yes, only a moment . . .

Alison,
For some, it takes only a little.

Maureen,
I miss your poetry, M.

Gale,
Yes, I agree.  Perhaps one of the reasons forums seem to be fading away.

E

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
9 posted 2013-10-11 02:47 AM

Ed, thank you for this exquisite piece of your heart laid bare, including the title.  It has me in tears, as does John’s passing, and Karen’s, before his, and Helen’s before hers.  I echo Alison’s words, yes, but probably sometimes not enough, perhaps sometimes too much.  I didn’t know John personally, but he wrote such exquisite minimalistic poetry, every single one, a sparkling dewdrop gem.  I always read his work and sometimes commented.  He was an integral part of Pip and his place cannot be filled, nor Karen’s nor Helen’s, nor all those who went before.  Pip’s blue pages heart seems to keep getting broken lately.  There are just too many voices to miss.  It is too much to bear.  

Owl

Gale
since 2013-06-10
Posts 578
Russia
10 posted 2013-10-12 03:20 AM

Yes, Krawdad, it's the reason.
And I will mean your poem not only as a tribute to those who's gone forever.
People fall silent not only when they die.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » If you Miss the Voice

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary