navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Remedy
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic Remedy Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California

0 posted 2013-07-13 11:52 AM

Remedy

The endeavors of this world,
Well they don’t mean jack to me.
Stoic chagrin unfurled
Is all I will let you see.
The destiny of one long dead,
Sardonically implied;
Excepting voices in my head,
Affinity denied!

The answers that you’re sure you know—
Why do you waste your breath?
There’s no treatment to aid this woe,
Apart from that of death.
You’re under the impression,
Though you probably won’t admit,
That somehow I chose depression.
Truly, I was born to it.

Mayhap you should ignore me
If darkness brings you unease.
Rather than try, if so vainly,
To twist me as you please
To something I could never be,
Even if most long for...
Trying to cure my misery,
You only bring me more.

I don’t spurn you your happiness,
But don’t envy your joys.
I’m too content with aloneness
To reach for other’s toys.
A curse I’ll bear unto the Styx,
Your medicines inept...
I’m not something that you can fix,
Just wish you could accept.

Michael Anderson

7/13/2013

© Copyright 2013 Michael Anderson - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2013-07-13 12:35 PM

quote:
I’m not something that you can fix,
Just wish you could accept.

I hear you loud and clear. I've always accepted you. Sometimes I become frustrated that you have accepted what most people want to find a way out. But if it makes you happy that is all that counts.

~*~ If they give you lined paper, write sideways. ~*~

Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
2 posted 2013-07-13 07:12 PM

It is hard for those who don't have it to get it.  Those that do, do.
I like this one.

Lori

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
3 posted 2013-07-13 08:59 PM

Once I learned to accept whom I am, and that I was something I couldn't fix, I ceased worrying about the view of others.  They either accepted or not.  And I've been much happier since (50+ years now).

Good piece, my friend...as usual.

jimmy

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
4 posted 2013-07-14 09:11 AM

Dear Michael, on official renderings Jesus never smiles, not even He Who has come to share love and bring peace. But I do love modern pictures showing a smiling Jesus ...

Indeed many of us out here instinctively wish to bring a smile where there is none. It doesn't mean to want to fix or change the characteristics of a person. It is just one of loving kindness's aspects. The eternal search for harmony within this our world of duality.

With this excellent poem you no doubt stir deep emotion. To accept each other the way we are is a premise to peaceful co-existence. Yet there is no such darkness that cannot be touched by the light.

Total aloneness is impossible, even when we welcome it, for we cant deny that we all are connected and exercise an impact on each other in one way or the other.

I thank you for having impacted me with your very intense poem and for allowing me to express my thoughts.

Margherita

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
5 posted 2013-07-14 11:39 AM

Thanks, Jer...  it doesn't really make me happy, but that's just it:  nothing will.  Not even being in the arms of someone I love, who loves me just as dearly...  someone who wants nothing more than to bring me happiness, but who ends up sharing my misery that she couldn't.  Been there, done that.  How could I, if I've any conscience at all, want to travel that path again?  Destroying someone I would only want to be happy in the process.

Lori, ...and God bless them that they don't ever "get it."  It's nice to know some do understand.     Thank you.

Jimmy, advice worth taking to heart there... and I know you're 100% right.  Thank you, my friend.

Margherita, I thank you for your loving, kind words, and for reminding me that it is most often times for my benefit people wish things were different in me.  I was deeply touched by your reply, and I appreciate you taking the time to express yourself so thoroughly.  

Michael

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2013-07-22 10:21 PM

Fine writing...as usual...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Remedy

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary