navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » changing
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic changing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea

0 posted 2010-12-03 04:31 AM

Ural Hourrah
Siberia also
The Volga why not
Mongolia noproblem
On back of a camel
In deserts,
The transibérien finally
let my hand,
Read again Cendrars
It is a fate
As to leave paris
For Saint German,
A book is enough
To leave Paris
The paradise
Appearances.

© Copyright 2010 yann rolland - All Rights Reserved
ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
1 posted 2010-12-03 07:23 AM

I don't know what to think Yann
You've taken me out of, or into, Russia along the Volga river on the Trans-Siberian train or by camel all the while reading the hazy works of a Swiss poet.
And, it's only a book out of Paris to paradise.
I'm afraid I'm just not smart enough for this depth.....However, I really enjoyed reading this all the same.

Take care and have a great day!

Eric

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
2 posted 2010-12-03 11:59 AM

Hi Ethome, thanks for commenting, poetry can be irrationnal and close to dreams, the list is just some possible destinations in Asia or elsewhere to escape morosity, so is the book of Cendrars who wrote himself about the transiberian, the poet who travelled russia is a guide too, he is the transiberian he wrote, the magic of litterature, a book read in Paris made you escape from illusions too, illusion that there is nothing else outside Paris, outside the city, outside the life in some way....These are just possible projection of the poem words, I can't pretend to be absolutly rationnal when I write poetry and I appreciate your clever and concerned comment....It helps too.

have a nice day

yann

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
3 posted 2010-12-03 12:06 PM

Why thank you Yann that explained a lot of it and I find this more fascinating that way.
I agree a poet's works are sometimes as the feelings and the words come out, not necessarily to even be conceived that way.

Keep up the great work! It's nice you were poetically venting for the pleasure of writing it.

Eric

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » changing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary