navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Escape
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic Escape Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Donovan Callinan
since 2010-08-01
Posts 37
Omaha, Nebraska U.S.

0 posted 2010-08-24 12:46 PM

This is a excercise of simple alliteration. I'm not sure how I fell about it. Please comment.

Escape

Snared to long in silence and shadow with no salvation.
Made prisoner of a past falsely printed by prickly poisonous pen.
I implement the instrument of insurrection to intervene upon infinite incarceration.  
Great pains given to this gregarious gambit my guards do not guess the goal.
Their order ousted, over fear of oncoming onslaught, my objective is made open.
Wrapped in white knuckled grip I hold the wary wild-eyed warden.
Clutching their commander the constabulary pawns cater my commands.
Doors part directly upon demand and in a dash I depart the dwelling of the damned.
Freedom fills my fractured soul but the fête is forestalled by the fearful warden’s following faction.
Traveling through treacherous turf and thicket my trembling legs strive towards total triumph.
I’m harried by the heavy warden, hauled hastily along; as he howls his hopes I go to hell.
I bark back; “Be still I have but been and broken out.”
Reaching the roaring riverbank the run is over and releasing my righteous jailer I remark.
“Seek the shards of my shattered shackles and you shall see the path that set me free.
But make no mistake my man you would make chase a mild-mannered mislabeled as menace.”
I depart diving down into the icy depths of deliverance.

© Copyright 2010 Bret Donovan Callinan - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Escape

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary