navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » You Question the Truth?
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic You Question the Truth? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA

0 posted 2011-12-31 01:14 AM

You Question the Truth?

Do you see the stars?
Do you feel the spinning?
Do you feel that you are traveling through space?
Do you really?

What foolishness could have made all this and more?
Perhaps you know?
Perhaps you are above the very thought?
Do you perceive it as silly?

The wind lifted itself up?
The moon guides the sea?
The sun warms your flesh?
The earth gives you food?

Time is set to what, and why for you?
Does not the seed of the fruit die before the sprout can live?
First the blade, then the stem, then the flower, and then the fruit?
Could it be arranged any other way to give life to you, and your Brood?

Yet, you cannot believe?
Yet, you stand up and stomp your foot?
You say you will not be tricked into that?
Yet, you refuse to study, and hear, and read?

Is it foolishness, or a lie?
Is it the cross that blurs your eyes?
Do you know you have a choice to live or die?
Do you know that the Lord is mercy?

My friend, a time is coming when His work on the cross will end.
The time is now, to learn…

↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔

For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  ~(1 Corinthians 1:17-18 ESV)
For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.  ~(Colossians 1:19-20 ESV)
by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.  ~(Colossians 2:14 ESV)
looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.  ~(Hebrews 12:2 ESV)

Note: Earth spins at 1000 miles/Hr and travels through space over 67,000 miles/Hr., any variation would cause unheard of catastrophe.  Be prepared, my friend, be prepared…

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

© Copyright 2011 JL - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
1 posted 2011-12-31 01:33 AM

Wow, this is pretty powerful.  I am one who questions.  Maybe I should study a bit more.  And I just might.

xoxoxo
A

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2011-12-31 08:39 AM

Yep. I am a questioner. As Alison said, this is powerful.

~*~ If they give you lined paper, write sideways. ~*~

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
3 posted 2011-12-31 09:25 AM

the age old question, riddle, gamble ... believe or not believe, or somewhere in between . . . where the door of death closing behind you reveals the truth of the choice you made.

A question that has taken many lives rippling back and forth through humanity.

Believe, or not believe ... your choice, as are the consequences, either way.

enjoyed, my friend.

j.

bel1e
since 2006-07-24
Posts 1631

4 posted 2011-12-31 01:36 PM

This is a rich theme....so much to be said about faith...and mercy and the divine...as many of these thoughts move us to violent emotions that span the entire spectrum of human emotion....enjoyed the read as ever, JL

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
5 posted 2011-12-31 04:24 PM

Thanks all!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Praise Him with the blast of the horn; praise Him with the psaltery and harp. Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; praise Him with stringed instruments and the pipe. Praise Him with the loud-sounding cymbals; praise Him with the clanging cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Hallelujah.
(Psalms 150:3-6 JPS)

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » You Question the Truth?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary