navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » The Track of Love...The Track of Fear
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Track of Love...The Track of Fear Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2011-12-26 09:30 PM

The Track of Love...The Track of Fear

"Happiness can only come from inside of you and is the result of your love.  When you are aware that no one else can make you happy and that happiness is the result of your love, this becomes the greatest mastery of the Toltecs the Mastery of Love."...from the book by Don Miguel Ruiz, "The Mastery of Love."

Some people believe that love is the cause of all of their problems;  they make statements such as "love is not real" and "love broke my heart" or "there is no such thing as love", but in reality it is not love that fails us or disappoints, it is our failure to understand the parts of a relationship that are based on love and the parts that are based on fear.

"Just as your body is made by cells, your dreams are made by emotions.  There are two main sources of those emotions: One is fear, and all the emotions that come from fear: the other is love, and all the emotions that come from love.  We experience both emotions but the one that predominates in everyday people is fear."...page 58, "The Mastery of Love."

"In order to understand these emotions, we can describe cetrtain characteristics about love and fear that I call the "track of love" and "the track of fear."...page 58, "The Mastery of Love", by Don Miguel Ruiz.

JamesLee
25December

© Copyright 2011 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2011-12-26 09:33 PM

I agree, James, wish I'd figured it out many years ago. Would've save a lot of misery and pain.

~*~ If they give you lined paper, write sideways. ~*~

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
2 posted 2011-12-27 12:48 PM

I found this interesting & true - I think that the fear of not being loved has a lot to do with it, we all want to be loved by everyone but no matter how we try you will not succeed for we are all different & our differences are what make us liked or disliked. ~hugs~

TM.

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe
                        — W. E. Channing

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
3 posted 2011-12-27 05:51 AM

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Love IS ... and when we are aware of this overwhelming truth, fear dissipates.

Margherita

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » The Track of Love...The Track of Fear

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary