navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » An Apolitical Statement of Fact( if you're looking for a laugh skip this one)
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic An Apolitical Statement of Fact( if you're looking for a laugh skip this one) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA

0 posted 2011-11-14 08:29 PM

I thought most things would work out fine
before I found out, dude,
that I had simply overlooked
the problems' magnitude.

These times can truly try men's souls
and lay beliefs to waste
allow me to elaborate
how my opinion's based

America's in shambles folks,
poor gal, I've watched her bleed
an exodus of jobs off-shore
to bolster corporate greed

Our system fosters rhetoric
while partisans anoint
each other with the usual
about who's wrecked the joint

It sickens me, our dream's been sold
to benefit a few
I'm changing parties one more time
unfortunate, but true

I used to be Rebublican
but then they sold me out
so voted for the Democrat
to get this message out

You had your chance to fix this mess
and still stood idly by
while countless millions watched their hopes
just shrivel up and die

A different party, four more years
and still you play the game
of kissing big time money's ass
you Democrats, for shame!

A broken man, with broken dreams
looks out at your abyss
The "Optimistic Party's" dead
we're all now pessimists.

© Copyright 2011 William E.Kleist - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2011-11-14 08:55 PM

I agree with you one hundred percent, but I still can't bring myself to vote Democrat, I may sit next year's election out. If I do it'll be the first time in many years.

~*~ If they give you lined paper, write sideways ~*~

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2011-11-14 10:00 PM

From the way I read it, Moose is not advocating voting democratic....rather that he did last time out of frustration with the Republicans but has now become equally disillusioned with the Dems.

Quite a dilemma, I agree. Trying to choose the best of two evils is never easy.

Good writing. Doc...and I understand.

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
3 posted 2011-11-14 10:30 PM

Well pal, I'd never vote democrat.  They are the likes of: Kerry, McNamara, Johnson, Reed, Pelosi, Obama, and a host of others who have dishonored this country.

I'm with you on the disgusted sickness our politicians cause, but they are voted for by the citizens and win their offices.  Once in, the corruption continues and is passed on to the next office holder as a prize.

WE, all of US, have caused the problem.  The only way to end the cycle is to cut their pay, cut their benefits, make them accountable to, and for, the laws they pass.  Turn the lights on and watch the rats take off.  But it takes a country to make the changes, not a village.

The US history, traditions, and religious freedom is under attack.  Next will be our military.  Soon the cancer will kill us.

Other than that, hey, smile be happy.

JL

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
4 posted 2011-11-14 10:43 PM

Our political system was supposed to prevent dictatorships but I see what we have now as just a multiheaded dictatorship.  Agree with Jerry, see VOTING (for First time in many years), as worthless - THEY are out-of-control (politicans)and our votes are basically meaningless.

Party means nothing to me - and is bent on destroying the constitution/USA/Us as we've been for 200-plus years.

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
5 posted 2011-11-14 11:02 PM

There was a time when I said I voted for the man, not the party... but that's tough to do when the only things we hear are party lines and self promotion... and our country falls ever deeper into debt and farther from the greatness it used to know and still deserves.

Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
6 posted 2011-11-15 07:52 AM

Where to begin? JerryPat, I called this a statement of fact because I fully expected regardless of party affiliation the overwhelming majority of people would agree
with what I said. That, in and of itself
describes the sickness our country has fallen into.
Balladeer, you are correct, I am not advocating any party. Unfortunately, I have seen what both are capable of doing to destroy our way of life by putting personal gain above the good of the people (vomit) excuse me.
JL, I am a small business owner, basically a "cut and sew" operation. This is a family business started 40 some years ago by my father. The "free" trade agreements passed by our elected officials have yet to put me in the ground, but only because I am one hell of a persistent little so and so and I am really good at what I do. Companies I work with can import the same goods I make
and land them at their doorstep for one eighth the cost that I must charge to survive. Every day is a battle, when after 40 years of hard work I should have been relatively successful (puke) excuse me.
jwesley, all we have said is true, political parties aside, follow the money, and you will see who pulls the strings. A word of caution though, just don't get too close to the truth or bad things might happen,(wretch) pardon me.
suthern, gal, I agree wholeheartedly, don't have any answers, and, after venting all this am going to return to my little world of humor where hopefully I can generate a couple of laughs for all of us, myself included. Thank you all.
Doc

Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
7 posted 2011-11-15 08:59 AM

Footnote,
Actually, I do have a solution. If "influence" were no longer a "commodity"
our politicians would have nothing to gain by selling us out. Now, how do we go about implementing that?

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
8 posted 2011-11-15 04:32 PM

Doc...I concur with your synopsis.

It is most unfortunate that we can't seem to find quite the right "Mr Smith" and send him to Washington. Those in power seem to take great strides to corrupt the honest man.

Thank you, my friend.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
9 posted 2011-11-15 05:24 PM

I wish I knew how to limit the influence. Maybe getting rid of at least half the lawyers and deal-makers? Then again . . . How do you go about doing that? Damned If I know.

~*~ If they give you lined paper, write sideways ~*~

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
10 posted 2011-11-15 09:56 PM

"Give me Liberty or give me death!"

Seems as if we have chosen death.
Too bad...

JL

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
11 posted 2011-11-16 08:13 AM

Sunshine,
Thanks, I see the problem as being there is more to profit from doing the wrong thing than from doing the right thing. Until we can reverse this equation our futures will continue to be sold.
Doc

JerryPat,
Thanks, here's a radical idea. Make lobbying in any form illegal. Corporations are not spending millions on this for the good of the country. Again, take the reward for doing wrong away and people might resort to doing the right thing. How  about we call it the anti lobbying control act and make every politician at every level submit to a lie detector test once a year. Two simple questions, #1 Do you honestly believe that you have served the majority
of the people of our great country as you were elected/appointed to do? #2 Have you recieved any compensation of any form in violation of the anti lobbying control act? Did I say they were radical ideas?
Doc

JL,
The good people of this country did not choose death, but may have had it thrust on them by those
who are only too concerned with lining their own pockets at the expense of everyone else.
Doc

Thank you all once again, I probably won't respond to this thread anymore, as quite simply it is just far too depressing. Be well. On second thought, I will continue with this, depressing or not, as it is too important a subject to simply abandon. I've thrown some crazy ideas out there about how to fix the problem let's see where it goes.
Doc

Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
12 posted 2011-11-17 10:55 PM

Isn't that last word suppose to be p.i.s.s-in-the-mist?   It's worth just about as much as the current, past, and most likely future elected officials. Enjoyed the read and following comments as much as one can given the subject matter. Hang in there! Peace.
Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
13 posted 2011-11-18 06:54 AM

Andrew ol' buddy, thanks lol, been a while.
Doc

Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
14 posted 2011-11-18 05:42 PM

Right back at ya!
Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
15 posted 2011-11-18 05:55 PM

Drew m'friend, it appears we may be off on another adventure, who'd of thought binary code might open a window?
Cookie

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
16 posted 2011-11-19 02:53 AM

AMEN! Couldn't agree more. I was a democrat all my life until I saw the handwiting on the wall in 2008 and became an independent. Don't think it will do me much good either but it makes me feel better.
                         Ida

easy1
since 2010-05-22
Posts 1209
Southeastern USA
17 posted 2011-11-19 03:06 AM

Thanks for helping to get the message out, Dr. M.

From the diffused light of December blinks on a Tannenbaum. Shazam!

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
18 posted 2011-12-05 02:12 AM

This needs to back to the top of page 1.  Well said, Doc.  

Alison

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
19 posted 2011-12-05 05:59 AM

(((IT'S MOOSE MADNESS!!)))
--------------------------
Where is #1?
Mr. Moose, or cookie, where are you?

Maranatha!

Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
20 posted 2011-12-06 06:49 AM

Ida,
Thanks, again, regardless of political affiliation, when the basic structure of any system has been corrupted, without radical change, that system is incapable of
serving its intended purpose. How to implement that change becomes the question.

Doc

easy1
Thanks for the reply. Its not by any means a "new" message, but, the longer things continue as they are, our futures, and those of generations to come will continue to be bought and sold. The illusion of "free will" will continue to become more transparent until the overwhelming majority  of us will realize we have once again become enslaved.

Doc

Alison,
Thanks gal. I miss the interaction of the workshop and would gladly trade my soapbox for a new assignment, lol.
Doc

JL,
Thanks m'friend. Fear not, I have simply taken a step back to reassess and will undoubtably return with some nonsense of one kind or another, lol. Thanks for asking.
Doc

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » An Apolitical Statement of Fact( if you're looking for a laugh skip this one)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary