navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Fractal Universe
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fractal Universe Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AncientHippie
since 2009-10-15
Posts 411
Surfing the Cosmic Flow

0 posted 2009-10-26 09:20 AM

In physical cosmology, fractal cosmology is a set of minority cosmological theories which states that the distribution of matter in the Universe, or the structure of universe itself, is fractal. More generally, it relates to the usage or appearance of fractals in the study of the universe and matter. A central issue in this field is the fractal dimension of the Universe or of matter distribution within it, when measured at very large or very small scales.

Fractals are encountered in both observational and theoretical cosmology, make an appearance at both extremes of the range of scale, and have been observed at various ranges in the middle. Similarly the use of fractals to answer questions in cosmology has been employed by a growing number of serious scholars close to the mainstream.
--Wikipedia

Fractal Universe

It is of no consequence
whether our questing focus is within
          or without:
Mandelbrot decrees
that the pattern reduces or increases
          forever.
Slight variations may occur,
but make no change to mathematical
          perfection.

Logical and natural progression
I accept, and seek to find my place
          in the Pattern.

From "Quantum Shift" series

Sutra 25: Remember that a pile of ordure is simply that: Seek not to give it meaning.
Jim's Guide to Enlightenment:  The Complete Sutras

© Copyright 2009 James D. Fanning - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2009-10-26 09:39 AM

"Logical and natural progression
I accept, and seek to find my place
          in the Pattern."
I accept my my pixal in the cosmic color scheme..like I've said before-I like where your head grows~L

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2009-10-26 10:20 AM

Fractal art is as fascinating as the math itself, which was difficult to grasp.
Cross cuts of seashells and numerous other natural sources brought me to understand the basics.
I envision myself spiraling both in and out,
along the continuum that is the pattern or foundation of life itself.

Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast
3 posted 2009-10-26 11:41 AM

AH..like pixels that form the pupil of an eye on the face of a man that is seated in a super bowl stadium, while being observed from the moon..enjoyed it
AncientHippie
since 2009-10-15
Posts 411
Surfing the Cosmic Flow
4 posted 2009-10-27 09:02 AM

Lori, DS, and Midnitesun:  Thank you for sharing, and feeling, my view of Reality from an angle of 13 degrees off normal.
Jim

Sutra 30: Language reflects the Truth of one’s Reality: listen carefully when others speak.
Jim's Guide to Enlightenment

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Fractal Universe

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary