navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Primitive
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic Primitive Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2009-09-09 01:39 PM

Primitive
By: Noah Eaton
9/9/09
A primeval fire,
has consumed my soul...

...smoldering,
all 72,000 rivers,
of my anatomy...

...whispering to embrace,
everything beyond my control...

...ecstatically intimidated,
by its heightening...
(In devotion, you are desire)
Now I am possessed,
by this divine appetite...

...to desire everything,
that doesn't desire me personally...

...with this vehement gaze,
speechlessly electrified...

...realizing everything,
desires me back,
when I let it be...
(My heart is restless,
breathing beyond my body,
my eyes are staring hungry,
with flashes of samadhi...)

I've become primitive,
channeling my inner-Artemis,
not afraid to live on the fringes of existence...

...I abide in the flicker,
devoured by the audacity of its dither,
like a windstorm in a canyon I slither...

...primitive...
Experience is a brutal teacher,
who tests you before the lecture...

...so why fret having missed the boat,
when I can get off on making mistakes...

...security is just a superstition,
modesty is just conjecture...

...fighting for a life of action,
rather than reaction is what I partake...
(In devotion, you are desire)
My will screams louder,
than the kakapo...

...exuding raw allurement,
brassy as turmeric on rice...

...dare to blow me off course,
have me incapacitated...

...it's a pleasure leaving new trails behind,
glory and danger alike...
(I am as strong,
as my spine is flexible,
I've instigated my inner serpent,
now my poise is indelible...)

I've become primitive,

...primitive...

(Hooooooowwwwwwwwwwwl!)
(Hey, why should I be ashamed,
to embrace what nature,
was not ashamed to create?
I'm just recognizing my senses,
posturing to the present tense,
embracing my body,
without false pretense,
you see,
my dear,
I'm an adept of spontaneity,
giving into the effusion,
of the purity of reality,
you can't stride,
into the same river twice,
everything flows,
and so shall I!)

(Come To Light!)
I've become primitive,

...primitive...
(Squaaaaaaaaawwwwwk!)

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

© Copyright 2009 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2009-09-09 04:00 PM

Primitive in a sense, but oh with such wonderful "evolved" awareness, dear Noah!

This rocks and I love its passionate flow, irresistible in its power.

You rock too!

Fantastic and effervescent.

Love and hugs.
Margherita

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2009-09-09 04:17 PM

"...I abide in the flicker,
like a windstorm in a canyon I slither.."

Very cool lines, Noah!

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
3 posted 2009-09-09 05:39 PM

You write these beautiful songs and poems so effortlessly.

This is very alluring and intense.

to you
ARCTIC WIND

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2009-09-09 05:49 PM

Awwwwwwwwwww, thanks Margherita!

I'm honored to hear you thought it "rocked", because that's the kind of vibration I had in my head when writing this. I've always loved melodic, yet loud, music in general (especially power pop and bands like Shonen Knife that write the most cutesy, happy-go-lucky music out there yet also are heavy and hardcore with their sound) and with my new poetry I'm turning up yet another notch to where it's almost like a mix of power pop with shoegazer metal or something like that, LOL! So there's a lot of loud, electric feedback vibrating in my soul right now..........but not that angst-ridden, livid, tortured kind of intensity.........rather the complete opposite. Ecstasy, rapture, this incredible sexy feeling where you feel like you can accomplish anything. It's the best feeling in the world! And what better way to express that feeling than by screaming it as loudly with passion as possible?

Yay, hope you're having an effervescent week, my friend!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2009-09-09 05:53 PM

Yay, thanks Kacy! (huggies)

Sometimes I'm not sure if my rhymes come out well or not, but the one you shared is one I'm absolutely happy with. Each of those end rhymes just feels so kinetic, like I feel now. They also sound sensual when you say them out loud, and so I thought "What better place to include this than in the chorus?"

Hope your moving situation has or is going smoothly, my friend, it's great to have you back in the Beaver State!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
6 posted 2009-09-09 05:59 PM

Awwwwwwwww, thanks Arctic Wind!

Thanks sooooooooo much for your compliment! The same can certainly be said regarding your fabulous poetry!

Ever since I've started posting here, what has often been said about my poetry, above all else, is how deep and poignant emotion comes across in my writes with an all-or-nothing intensity. With this, and more writes to come, I'm basically taking that same all-or-nothing intensity but, only this time, while I wouldn't necessarily consider my new poems emotionally-detached in that passion is always personal and has an emotive push behind it, I nonetheless feel my new poems are driven less on emotion and more on attitude and enthusiasm. In other words, if my previous poems were dominated by Water, these new poems are dominated by Fire. I'm basically saying "Enough with the sobbing and introspection for now! You're young and full of life for crying out loud! Reflection can come at a later time! Your moment is now! Live and let live!"

Hope you're having a most lovely week, my friend!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
7 posted 2009-09-09 06:02 PM

Well, I do find your poems everything you stated above. They are very well written and poetic I might add. I love the comment you said above about my poetry. I'm like smiling now!! awww. Why thank you

Again, Love your poetry, good stuff.
huggies
ARCTIC WIND

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
8 posted 2009-09-09 06:30 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, no problem, my friend!

Given how busy I've been lately, I don't always have the opportunity to comment like I want to, but I do read your work and I find you especially have a gift with imagery, with painting pictures to the reader, almost as though you were a watercolor painter, only using words instead of paintbrushes to express yourself! Your instinctual mastery of imagery is what especially fascinates me about your work, but is surely not the only thing either, yay!

Again, thank you, my friend!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
9 posted 2009-09-10 10:56 AM

Dangnation, Noah! That is one out-standing piece of writing and personal expose!!!

"(I am as strong,
as my spine is flexible,
I've instigated my inner serpent,
now my poise is indelible...)"

~ Let the kundalini rise! Yeah!

My goodness! Two of my closest pip friends (you and Margherita) just wrote poems that knocked my celestial socks off!

SAVED  

I love watching you grow exponentially over the years! ~ Pesonally and poetically!

Love you, Angel Boy/Man!

Linda

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
10 posted 2009-09-10 11:25 AM

lovely Noah.. you continue to smile my days in Paris.. merci!

Bisous du Paris
RDB xxx

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
11 posted 2009-09-10 12:52 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwww, thanks Linda! My heart smiles seeing how enthusiastically you surely appreciated this poem, gauging by your announcing of keeping this and how exponentially I have grown! (huggies)

I know some may be shocked reading this (and subsequent) works from me here who have followed me along for quite some time, but this is unquestionably me, and I think ultimately many believe this new-found confidence and poise is just what I needed to endure in life and that it by no means suggests I've become more callous or less caring in the process.

I'm not ashamed anymore to embrace my inner-fire. I believe opposites truly attract, as fire and water, after all, creates smoke, and it is through smoke that such magic and possibility can be conjured up. I used to hold a nervous, even antagonistic, view of masculinity because I knew a lot of males who seemed coarse and unsympathetic and, because I'm one who is very sentimental and feels strongly, I found that to be a turn-off...........but now I realize it's not that they're masculine that's the problem..........is that they, themselves, are simply struggling to fill some kind of void in their hearts, in their life........and I realize I was in the exact same shoes they were...........and now fully appreciate how both masculine and feminine energies are vital to existence. How yin and yang must seek balance in order to achieve an optimal life. So I'm happily embracing my inner-fire, setting it over the still waters of my heart and letting that smoke burn to my heart's content!

Thanks sooooooooooo much, dearest Linda..........you have been among those closest to a mentor here in this community I believe, yay!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
12 posted 2009-09-10 12:53 PM

Yay, thanks Roniece! (huggies)

Where in Paris are you presently? I bet you've stopped at your share of patisseries already!

Sooooooooooo glad to hear you're having sooooooooooo much fun, yay!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
13 posted 2009-09-10 01:50 PM

Noah, I have known a few alpha males but the men that have been nearest and dearest to my heart ~ and soul ~ are those who are yin-yang balanced! I'm glad that you are being true to yourself ~ and that's a beautiful and healthy way for us all to live our lives. Your sensitivity is Divine ~ literally! It also contributes to your glorious writing. It's open, creative and frank ~ yet caring, and thoughtful (and brilliant!).
It has been a joy over the years to watch you explore different aspects of your being ~ and I must say that this phase is very exciting to behold!!! lol

Love ya!

Linda

vandana
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Patricius
since 1999-10-22
Posts 10463
USA
14 posted 2009-09-10 07:22 PM

nice
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Primitive

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary