navwin » Main Forums » Dark Poetry #5 » First poem on this thread
Dark Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic First poem on this thread Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Eldest
since 2010-06-15
Posts 177
Alabama

0 posted 2010-06-16 10:38 AM

RUNNING

Again I am running, skimming across the stars, am I running away or running to?
I don't know and sometimes I don't care.  I just want to run, fleeting steps that touch the broken earth only lightly, leaping across crevices and canyons.

What is out there? What am I seeking? I strain my eyes to see if there is something in the distance that I recognize, but all I see is more distance.
Am I fleeing something, someone? No, I don't have that fear, I just have a longing to run, as if I could run so fast that I could take flight and lift off from this broken earth.

Where am I going? There is nothing recognizable in my distance; it is all new colors and shapes.
The colors are not my colors, not the dark blues and crimson and black and navy and brown that colors my world. These are new colors, bold and screaming that they are not what my eyes usually see. I don't even have names for them.

What are the shapes? Not the usual buildings and doorways and houses. These are delicate towers that rise into the sky like graceful arms reaching for unseen stars. They are fragile, yet strong and twist and curl around themselves in fanciful shapes.

Where am I? Have I outrun my own world, my usual world, my usual work, my usual pain and all the usual people? Can I stay here? I like this world of bright new colors and shapes. Are there people here? Will they let me stay? Will they like me?
What do I look like to their eyes? Am I bright colors and beautiful shapes or do they see my real colors? Do they see the purple and the bloody red and the blacks that hide in my soul?
If they do, I will have to keep on running, they won't let me stay.

© Copyright 2010 Eldest - All Rights Reserved
Chalmette Guy
since 2009-03-11
Posts 1257
Louisiana
1 posted 2010-06-16 11:30 AM

I love this. I relate to all those questions.
easy1
since 2010-05-22
Posts 1209
Southeastern USA
2 posted 2010-06-27 03:22 AM

Interesting... I had not yet read this when I replied to your poem about the rag doll, BTW.

A great free verse read here. Playing amongst the stars and galaxies while yet running here on Earth, I can relate to that.   

However, I can also advise these days to be a bit cage-wary about whom you open up to about it IRL. There's far too many thugwannabe fools out there, most headed eventually for that ultimate "fool's paradise." Share with the needy and deserving, but watch out for liars and traps, please.

Eldest
since 2010-06-15
Posts 177
Alabama
3 posted 2010-06-28 04:45 PM

Thank you for the warning, I will be careful
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Dark Poetry #5 » First poem on this thread

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary