navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Poetic
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic Poetic Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought

0 posted 2008-11-26 11:58 AM

I find moonlight resting
gently on my eyelids,
and it pulls me down,

down
into somewhere blue.

Black is where you found me
once before.
But I have lived here longer now
and danced a time or two
in streetglow’s mellow light.
Signs of desperation
in my smile.

This is where I run now.
Onto cold pavement
in the middle of an empty 3AM.
And I've found it poetic
just to live. Poetic
to laugh sometimes.

Words have run too thin
these days when empty hands
touch my soul
just enough to feel.
And it’s okay, I guess
not to cry myself to sleep,
not to grieve so deeply
that I melt into the sky.

I have found that it’s enough.
Okay to live

sometimes.

Hupomeno.

© Copyright 2008 GG - All Rights Reserved
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
1 posted 2008-11-26 03:28 PM

GG, I was so happy to see you had made a few posts on other's space, and hoped I would find you here on your own page of blue. It is indeed blue today for you. I know you have great faith and I know your life has not been easy. I admire your strenght and your mind so much that I am happy to see what ever you write.I hope and pray that someday soon you can write a note of happiness. You deserve to be happy. Love to you, "late"
steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

2 posted 2008-11-26 03:54 PM

excellent write...

"Words have run too thin
these days when empty hands
touch my soul
just enough to feel."

exquisitely memorable phrase

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
3 posted 2008-11-26 05:25 PM

"But I have lived here longer now
and danced a time or two
in streetglow’s mellow light".

I love the way you think and I especially like these lines. Pop in more often.  "Late"

inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
4 posted 2008-11-26 05:42 PM

I know the empty 3am
You bring it to light in this mood piece well done

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
5 posted 2008-11-27 12:21 PM

Dear Alyssa,
It's good to see you right. You do it so cathartically. And I pause to ponder what I see. Then I can't help but wonder about you. I recall our meeting for breakfast and listening. Hearing of your life and your pain. We don't know why we bear the burdens we are given. But know that you have friends eager to bear them with you. I love your smile and I love your depth of character. But mostly I have learned to love you.
Peace dear friend,
Larry C

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
6 posted 2008-11-27 01:51 AM

My friends! How good it is to see you all again. I have missed each of you, though, admittedly it s my own fault we haven't talked. I haven't really felt the need to write much lately, and when I'm not writing I find it difficult to read.

The good news is that writing is a way for me to get rid of all sad, bad, depressing, etc. thoughts, and I haven't had many lately, so no need to write! Life is pretty great, despite the pain. I am happy and having fun, enjoying all that I can still do. God is just incredible, and blesses my life in amazing ways. I may have portrayed myself wrong here... the moments of blue still hit some nights, but overwhelmingly what I have found is that its okay not to be consumed by it. Its okay to enjoy life! And I do...

late,
ohh I've missed you! You are so amazing, always full of compliments and encouragement in your tender way. Thank you so much for that. I hope to read you soon, I have missed your words so much.

Steaven,
Thank you! Great to hear from you. I appreciate it!

Late,
thanks again, dear At one point it said 'danced a time or two in mellowglow's street light' but I was afraid it'd sound like I was doing drugs on the street lol

inked,
How good to see your name and words! I know you know... and it is nice to not be so alone. Do take care.

My dear Larry,
Thank you, and thank you again. What a wonderful breakfast that was! You, along with many other poets here, and all of my wonderful friends here at home and church, have been so monumental in helping me come to a place of healing. I am not there yet, but I am on my way and praise God for how far He has taken me! I can't thank you enough for being a part of that journey. It has been a beautiful honor to watch you on your own journey through grief, and I am inspired by your strength and bravery. Did I mention thank you? Love you too, friend.

~alyssa

Hupomeno.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
7 posted 2008-11-27 02:14 AM

GG,I am so happy to read that you are not sad now and finding happiness in life. Writing is indeed a way to sho off the blues. I have a lot of journals that attest to that. I always tried to hide the sad and only write up the glad. A way of bluffing my way through I guess. Love to you sweet young lady, "late"
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

8 posted 2008-11-27 06:04 AM

GG
your poetry is such a welcoming sight...it is always a flow of word touch what ever your pen deems to write...heartfelt song, this prose of yours, I've know it well...and you, you have such a gift of true awareness...

Love to you
Lee J.

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
9 posted 2008-11-27 06:10 AM

GG... it is good to read you again.. you have a gift...  thank you for sharing with us .. love RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
10 posted 2008-11-27 08:59 AM

Oh GG I have so missed you!

I always feel each and every word you pen..wonder writing as always.

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
11 posted 2008-11-27 12:41 PM

GG - when I opened your poem to read I didn't know what to expect. However, I was amazed at the content, very nice write...

BC

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
12 posted 2008-11-27 01:09 PM

GG!!! ~ Pip's golden girl is back! ~ and what a talented young woman you are!!! You are truly gifted.

Your pain and the loneliness reached out and touched me. I was relieved to learn from a response you wrote, that although you are still experiencing the pain, you are in a happy place.

You truly are special and I am delighted to see you posting again! Don't be such a stranger!

Giving you a huge, loving, healing hug,

Linda

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

13 posted 2008-11-27 04:20 PM

smiling wide

You are soooooooo good.

Everytime I read you, every single time, I'm captivated, again.

for an old soul...

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2008-11-27 04:55 PM

Serenity stole the words right out of my mouth, as this truly reads from the soul of someone old, and very, very wise.  I absolutely loved this, saved it, and it too, will go on the back of a picture I have in the house.  You join a collection of absolutely incredible poets from here, in that art gallery.  Happy Thanksgiving GG and it man, it was just so good to read your work again.
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
15 posted 2008-11-30 11:10 AM

late,
I've just never been too good at bluffing... even to myself! But, when the sadness is there I am glad to write about it, because later on I can look back and rejoice in what God has carried me through. Its a beautiful thing to be on the other side of the river. Thank you, thank you, friend.

LeeJ,
you are so sweet and encouraging. Thank you! This came to me rather suddenly, and it was a welcome chance to write. I was excited knowing I'd have something to bring to my passions family. So good to see you again.

Susan,
I have missed you, too! It is good to know I don't make these journeys alone. Thank you.

Bill,
it was maybe not my most enticing title... but I think life really is its own poetry, don't you? Thank you!

Linda,
good to see that the angel is still here on these blue pages! I hope to come back more often. I do miss all of you very much! Thank you for your always tender replies.

Ser,
smiles. Good to see you, too, witchy woman. You're like legend on these pages, y'know? I never feel like I've visited the blue pages until I've read some of your rhymes. Thanks, lady.

Mysteria,
You honor me! Thank you. It is so strange to me, I feel like I've just been growing up right in front of you all. And I feel like more of a kid now, at 21, than I did when I first began writing here at, I don't even remember, maybe 16? Its been awhile. And you all still amaze me just as much. Thank you for having been here all through these pains and adventures of mine!

~alyssa

Hupomeno.

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
16 posted 2008-12-01 02:18 AM

It is so good to read your poetry again - this one touches my insides.

Alison

AcousticPen
since 2008-12-01
Posts 13
Florida USA
17 posted 2008-12-01 03:29 AM

Im not as intimate with your work as the writers below; I am new. But I particularly found "in the middle of an empty 3AM." to be a line I wont soon forget. I think that was a good description.

-Scott Vukelic

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
18 posted 2008-12-01 05:57 PM

Even if I didn't know the blue and black from experience... I'd feel it through your words. Captivating!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Poetic

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary