navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Goodbye
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic Goodbye Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
TheAnonDavid
since 2008-08-28
Posts 237
UK

0 posted 2008-09-16 04:58 PM

This is my farewell to Pip.
If anyone wishes to know why they can read the comments in the "The Colours" thread.

Goodbye.

© Copyright 2008 David M M (UK) - All Rights Reserved
WTBAKELAR
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2008-09-09
Posts 1089
Utah, USA
1 posted 2008-09-16 05:11 PM

Don't let one persons opinion deminish your many friendships you have created here.  This same person told me poetry does not have to rhyme, but it should make sense. (Read into that what you will)  
I hope you stay. I enjoy your work and look forward to more.
If you go,  You will be missed.

Tim
since 1999-06-08
Posts 1794

2 posted 2008-09-16 07:00 PM

Colours and Colors
English and American English

I don't intend to speak for Mr. Jordan, but take off is not the same as a knock off.

I didn't see the comment as a negative, but merely an indication of a possible interpretation of the poem, what would history look back on the "Charge of the Light Brigade" and see?

Having been around Passions a long time, I personally prefer to read poets who have the ability to use rhyme and meter effectively.  (not an easy task)  

Again, not speaking for anyone but my lonesome, but I think your poetry adds to the site.

1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace
3 posted 2008-09-16 07:06 PM

I do not believe it was
meant in malice
only to say that is was similar

here are some words for thought

there are almost no words of our language
that any writer has not written
and in it
it is not theft
but more that writers
think alike

please do not leave we have enjoyed your poetry

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
4 posted 2008-09-17 11:41 AM

Oh, no! Please don't go! When I first started at pip I inadvertently confused a poet's significant other with another fellow pipster and that poet announced to the world that I was a "friggin' troll" and told me never to reply to their poems again. Well, I was absolutely mortified! ~ and almost quit! ~ But I am soooooo glad that I didn't. I have made so many wonderful friends, have enjoyed some of the best poetry in the world, and have been spurred on to write hundreds and hundreds of poems!

I read your poem "The Colours" and I am very impressed by your talent and your story-telling ability.
I was also impressed by your articulate and highly knowlegeble reply that you wrote in response to one of your responders who I truly believe was not bad-intentioned.

Love & Poet Light,
Linda

P.S. That poet has long since left pip
and I'm still here! lol

steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

5 posted 2008-09-17 02:43 PM

btw, I never welcomed you to PIP...so it is hello--not goodbye   Sorry for the delay...looking forward to seeing more
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
6 posted 2008-09-20 09:13 AM

Come on, dear David, your presence and your high quality as a Poet are deeply appreciated. You are oversensitive probably, but believe me there is no reason to fold your beautiful wings.

Love,
Margherita

"Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love."
(Rumi)

RMW
since 2001-03-21
Posts 1424

7 posted 2008-09-20 10:55 AM

Hello,

I've not yet had what I'm sure will be the certain pleasue of reading your poetry, but as a prodigal in my own right, PIP is a home worth cultivating. Stay, or at least return in due course.

Bob

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
8 posted 2008-09-20 04:02 PM

I too have enjoyed the colours of your poetry, and remember your critique theme...
Now, being that the term fair is subjective...

Please remember always this:
Poetry as an art form gives many gifts.  The first is the release of the author, in its intended thought, and subsequently open to each reader to take a personal message away with them.

When you get the odd recant, it is more significant to the vision of the reader...true for all of us.

Shake it off Sir, and do what you do best...write your heart.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Goodbye

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary