navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Stupid Hospital Wouldn't Help Me.
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic Stupid Hospital Wouldn't Help Me. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xTr3m3sT
since 2008-03-03
Posts 415

0 posted 2008-06-17 07:55 AM

Episodes of phycotic demise ruptures
around the optical imagery
I have longed to ignore.

Visions flash at me, like a acid trip
vivid detail-like images....entailing
murder, suicide, and a
combination of both.

It's so scary....I'm alone by myself
I have no one...I need to get away.

I went to this mental hospital---
they found nothing wrong with me.

NOTHING WRONG?

Are they serious?
I'm going insane inside
the walls of my soul.

I expressed, I gave vivid descriptions
yet they think I just made it up.

What am I going to have to do
to prove to these self-rightous imbiciles
that I am indeed going
mentally insane.

© Copyright 2008 xTr3m3sT - All Rights Reserved
Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 posted 2008-06-17 08:57 PM

Angel,

As a rule of thumb, people that claim to be insane are totally sane.  Next time, swear you're completely normal, and you'll be more successful.

Bobby

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2008-06-17 09:07 PM

oh sweetie

the problem is that if you are sane enough to see and define a problem, it becomes problematic not for your doctors, but your healthcare management system. (Otherwise known as "insurance".)

I wish I could help you.

Hell.

I wish I could help me.

Help doesn't help.

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

3 posted 2008-06-17 09:50 PM

Angel,

What's the insanity?  When you talk the way you talk in the post you make it sound impressionistic, like a slide-show going on too fast for an observer to catch the details.

That may in fact be the way you're experiencing it, but it's really hard to tell unless you slow down enough to actually put it into specific words with those all important details.

In the meantime, are you drinking coffee in any amount, are you drinking colas in any amount, or tea.  What's your sugar intake like?  What's your diet like and what's your sleeping been like for the past couple of weeks?  Have you gained or lost any weight over that period of time?  Have you moved?  Have you lost any friends, started or ended any relationships, had any fights with anybody?

Take a couple of deep breaths, kid.  Also you need to re-write the poem you've included above and put in some of the details, simply as a matter of making progress with your writing.  When you get too impressionistic, it becomes difficult for your audience to be with you through the poem.

Take a few deep breaths, Angel, and settle down to figure out these specific tasks, Okay?

Yours, BobK

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Stupid Hospital Wouldn't Help Me.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary