navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Caterpillar's Sonata
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic Caterpillar's Sonata Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Idontmindyouundermyskin
since 2007-01-29
Posts 32

0 posted 2008-06-09 01:34 AM

Caterpillar’s Sonata

Walls so high,
Floor so cold.
Boxed in
Never growing old.
These legs I’m given
Give nothing to me.
I’d do anything
To make them wings.
My brother can fly,
My sister too.
But I’m stuck here,
Still wearing shoes.

© Copyright 2008 Idontmindyouundermyskin - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2008-06-09 04:44 AM

Oh, little caterpillar, you just don't know it - you will soon be flying too!  But before you do, just find a small puddle with a little twig next to it at right angles to the edge of the puddle (in as far as a straight line can be at right angles to the perimeter of a circle) and take a peek into the puddle (don't fall in) and have a look at just how beautiful you are - your colours, your elegance, and how gracefully your body moves in a ripple as you walk over the small twig.  Look at those tiny little legs and know that huge humans wonder at how you know when to move each leg. Don't rush to be a butterfly yet.  Your day will come.  Enjoy being a caterpillar while you can.  (And be reassured, I am not an Owl that eats my friends.)

- Owl

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Caterpillar's Sonata

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary