navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » After Your Supper
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic After Your Supper Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa

0 posted 2008-06-05 04:00 PM

AFTER YOUR SUPPER
1 November 2006

A mouthful of hay
contented munching with me,
my stable music.

- Owl

© Copyright 2008 Diana van den Berg - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2008-06-05 04:42 PM

smiling...I have to confess, I'm afraid of horses.

But I confided tht to our friend Marge, and she asked in return,

"Are you afraid of horses or are you afraid of riding?"

I think she had something there...

Loving the tune you hear m'friend.

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
2 posted 2008-06-05 05:09 PM

Hi Owl, this is moving, so few words for such sentiments, I can smell the hay and hear the munching, I spend my summer near a farm when I was young, there was so much corn, so much cows and so much hay....I guess Flicka was the point of.

have a nice day

yann

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
3 posted 2008-06-06 12:28 PM

Sounds like contentment to me.
                         Ida

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
4 posted 2008-06-06 03:36 AM

Thank you, Karen.  I agree that Marge may have been right, but there are many people who are afraid of horses themselves - but NOBODY was ever afraid of Flicka.  It is very difficult to explain, but people were drawn to him in a most unbelievable way.  If you saw him (and knew less than nothing about horses) you would just know immediately!  His whole demeanour said LOVE!  Children from a mentally disabled school who used to go to the stables on Fridays to be led around on the school ponies, used to gravitate to Flicka's stable (far away from the school ponies) to go and talk to him and pat him.  If you had met him, you may have remained afraid of all other horses, but you would have found one horse you weren't afraid of.  I am glad you heard the music and enjoyed it.

Thank you Yann.  I love cows too.  I think cows are very beautiful, very especially those large eyes to drown yourself in.  What a wonderful summer you must have spent.  Thank you for feeling my poem so clearly.  Yes, this was about Flicka.  There are just so many wonderful stories to tell about Flicka.  He truly was the most wonderful horse in the world - and it wasn't just me who thought so.  He was known and loved by whomever he met - and people who had met him, never forgot him.  He had so many bonds with other animals too.  You have a lovely day too.

Oh, yes, yes, YES, Ida!  Contentment it was!  Thank you for feeling it.

- Owl

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » After Your Supper

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary