navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » St. Paddy's Day
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic St. Paddy's Day Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Joe Crow
since 2007-12-18
Posts 66
Indiana

0 posted 2008-03-16 03:02 PM

I wish you all the best!

It was in Ireland they say St. Patrick drove the serpent away to free the Emerald Isle. While the historians debate if there ever were any snakes when the stories about venom and guile.

Spewed by the snake who was so filled with hate cast out of his mouth as a flood. But the Earth helped them out by opening her mouth from the ground came the cry of the blood.

So Ireland was freed from the snakes lustful greed banished forever to sea. Yet the snake had a plan to find a new land perhaps in the land of the free.

He's quite easy to spot he's not cold he's not hot and his message won't ever change. It's the Woman he despises and her Child that rises and so we call on St. Patrick again.

Now this time the beast has come as a thief, spoke like a dragon with two horns like a lamb. The first wound was healed now he's coming to steal the very soul of a man.

So to St. Paddy I say this is your day and that we need your help once more. To chase out the snake all the way too the lake and this time we'll all close the door.

"May the things I know be limited only by my imagination"

© Copyright 2008 Joe Crow - All Rights Reserved
effjayel
since 2007-09-30
Posts 1474
At the Crossroads of Infinity
1 posted 2008-03-16 03:36 PM

Joe, you never cease to amaze me the way you can weave these words into a message with such a powerful feeling & emotive impact...This is very, very good,  well done my friend & I for one am happy to see you dropping into open again. Please, visit often   Thanks   John
Joe Crow
since 2007-12-18
Posts 66
Indiana
2 posted 2008-03-16 05:10 PM

Thank You so much John!

As you will see as time goes on it is the Woman who I consider my helper and if I show any talent I give all the credit to Her.

The Drum is still out there I just have it closed down for awhile as there are some people who hate the message I bring.

I have more words to share with all of you and plan on visiting the Open forum often as I enjoy reading all of what and how you say your words too!

Have a nice day and a very Happy St. Patricks Day!!! I raise my glass to you,
Cheers!

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
3 posted 2008-03-16 05:16 PM

Yeppers! May the door forever be closed!

Hi, Joe! Another enjoyable read! It is good to see you now posting in Open as well as in Spiritual.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Lassie Linda

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » St. Paddy's Day

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary