navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » I Bid Thee a Fond Farewell.
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Bid Thee a Fond Farewell. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xTr3m3sT
since 2008-03-03
Posts 415

0 posted 2008-03-09 10:51 AM

These are the last words that will come out of my hands.
As I bid a fine farewell,
To my poetic soul and heart,
With the seal of destiny I will end my poetry with a bang.
Like the gunshot heard around the world,
Everyone around me will know that it is time for me to depart from poetry.
With the letters of text forming in front of my face,
I know this will be my last poetic work of art.
For my poetic soul died with me in my bed this very day.

With the outside world ridiculing me with my poetic talent,
I have no other alternative.
I don't want to be classified as ''gay'' or as a ''punk'',
I just want to live a normal life without the constant bashing of my talent.
I don't want to quit but damn,
What is a boy supposed to do within a community of scumbags?
So with this I will leave this community with these last 2 lines.
If you can convince me not to quit, go right ahead,
For my soul of poetic arts is almost, truly, dead.

© Copyright 2008 xTr3m3sT - All Rights Reserved
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
1 posted 2008-03-09 11:02 AM

I will not try to convince you not to quit

but I will say you will be missed

xTr3m3sT
since 2008-03-03
Posts 415

2 posted 2008-03-09 11:04 AM

you know being 14 and having poetic talents, and being able to express myself with such emotion is not acceptable in the community of ignorant kids these days. That is why I'm on the verge of throwing it all away, like a whisper in the wind..
effjayel
since 2007-09-30
Posts 1474
At the Crossroads of Infinity
3 posted 2008-03-09 01:08 PM

Well, having just read your last post, I have some real bad news for you X3rT, you will never be able to lay down your quill. For a 14 year old to be able to compose something like that is amazing. You have been given a talent or gift and you do not have the luxury of choice as to whether or not you use it. It my friend uses you, you just do not know that yet...you may as well decide to not breathe again. Both acts are of course impossible. If you look back in history, many, many talented people have been persecuted for following their heart but did not give up. Having said all that, you do have a choice, are you going to let them dictate where your path takes you & in doing so spend the rest of your days unfulfilled? I very much doubt it, you will be back that is a given....see you later
xTr3m3sT
since 2008-03-03
Posts 415

4 posted 2008-03-09 02:31 PM

Thank you so much for your words :-D I couldn't quit -_-'' It is almost impossible now for me to stop writing poetry..I love it so much.
Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
5 posted 2008-03-09 02:37 PM

I guess we're very lucky that Shakespeare didn't just give up because of what someone else thought, or Wordsworth. or Robert Frost or Emily Dickinson or.......
Share your poems with those of like mind, like the poets on this site when your friends are older and wiser they will come around.  
                               Ida

xTr3m3sT
since 2008-03-03
Posts 415

6 posted 2008-03-09 02:38 PM

They are not my friends anymore and thank you for your words
Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7 posted 2008-03-09 02:52 PM

Angel,

Hey, what's all this leaving crap.  You're not going anywhere young man.

Bobby

xTr3m3sT
since 2008-03-03
Posts 415

8 posted 2008-03-09 03:02 PM

:] Fine, I will stay. I got a haiku I want to post but I already posted 3 poems :[
Paul Wilson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
9 posted 2008-03-09 03:20 PM

xtr3m3st...To leave or not to leave " That is The Question"
To quit writing poetry for no good reason is a great injustice to yourself and to those that might otherwise not get to read your words. All I can say is be true to yourself and search your heart for that which really matters. You have much growing and learning still left to do so be patient...Paul

~~To share my poems with you is to share my heart with you~~
Paul

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
10 posted 2008-03-09 05:17 PM

~Smiling
From the first word, to the last response...I already knew your fate here Poet.

Your ability to express will mature as you do in life...and we are all very fortunate to have you join us here.

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
11 posted 2008-03-10 11:33 AM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

ILoveTheRain
since 2008-03-02
Posts 157
GA
12 posted 2008-03-10 05:50 PM

You know something? If you quit, I have one less work of art to read...and I don't really want that. I don't think you do either.
If you love what you do, keep going. It won't kill you, and it will make you feel better in life.
Poetry is one of the many ways to let your thoughts and feeling just go. If poetry is one of your ways to do that, then go for it. I know if I didn't write, I would probably have a lot of stuff built up. But I don't now. And it makes me feel so much better to know that.
Screw the people that said that. They're just immature. And they also do not understand.
I enjoy reading your work. Keep it up!

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
13 posted 2008-03-11 06:43 AM

"What is a boy supposed to do within a community of scumbags"

I read this twice and:

I agree with the others about your talent and continuing to write and post...but aren't you labeling those, too, who were  picking on you or criticizing you  by calling them scumbags? I would suggest to either find new friends who share your love of writing or don't share it with those  who don't appreciate it.
You can't force people to like what you like...but you can join groups of people who do...like the yearbook committee or a poetry group at a bookstore, or start your own poetry club.  Just my opinion.

M

Talyn
since 2008-03-09
Posts 47
North Carolina, USA
14 posted 2008-03-11 10:38 AM

You should not leave! Peotry is so beautiful you must not let it die. Its a part of who you are, and no matter what it will come out. No one can tell you that you are right or wrong with poerty. Only you can determine that.

Talyn

"Gang aft a-gley,
an lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
for promised joy"
--Robert Burn

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
15 posted 2008-03-13 12:07 PM

Okay, okay, I have an opinion too (Wow!  Doesn't that just knock your socks off or something? -- Hey, I ain't looking.)

Anyway, I am really loving some of the teenagers in this site.  Zach stands out and you too.  Sometimes, ya'll make me smile - and sometimes, I just fall to the ground and thank God that I am no longer a teenager.  

These are hard times for you.  I remember not knowing where I fit and how I fit.  Know what?  It's not like there is a moment of clarity where it all comes together.  I just realized that it doesn't matter to me anymore.  My friends all say I am weird (moi?  nah!), but they laugh and love me.  I wish they were weird because I get lonely being the only one.  Is that kind of what you are feeling?  Like you are the only one?  Nope, there are bunches and bunches of you and you just grow into bunches and bunches like me.  But, know what else?  I have fun and I smile and I don't care what people think any longer.

So, there's no magic wand.  Gonna tell you the same thing I told Zach.  Go rent that movie "Little Miss Sunshine" -- I know, I know.  You don't want to be seen with a movie called that, but hey!  It's funny (ask Zach) - and it sums up being a teenager better than any movie I have seen in a long time.  And, being an adult too (which is funny and odd and still akward and ! weird !)

Anyway, I am glad that you are staying.  I think that you can have fun here - and age is not so much an issue.  I mean really!  Look at Balladeer and Toerag!  Who would guess that they are older than you.  Right?  So, have fun - vent on the appropriate boards when you need to -- and, remember there's hope.  You can grow up weird ...

like me!

Alison

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » I Bid Thee a Fond Farewell.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary