navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Heaven in Hell
Open Poetry #41
Post A Reply Post New Topic Heaven in Hell Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England

0 posted 2007-11-04 06:36 AM

Heaven in Hell

All people that on Earth do Dwell
if you have sex you'll go to Hell
unless of course you share a ring
then God will let you do your thing.
But you of course must play the game
that hypocrites shout in his name;
the rules are clear you must not stray,
don't question God, it's just that way!

But who interprets God's true word
the story really is absurd,
his rules of course were set in stone
by Moses looking for a home.
But even he thought they were crap,
his temper led to that mishap
when even stone was forced to break,
the rewrite just a second take?

In name of God, from broken stone,
we must not stray from those at home
or you will find without a doubt
that from your home you'll be thrown out.
But was it not another deed
forbid by God let Eve conceive?
For only when he cast both out
did birth of Mankind come about.

All people that on Earth do Dwell
if we have sex we'll go to Hell.
But when we're in that deepest pit
as long as everyone can fit,
I'm sure we all will have some fun
where with our friends we’re joined as one
and maybe when down there we dwell,
we'll share the Devil’s wife as well!

Ivor G Davies

The moment created this second, is a  moment that's going to last.
It lives the full spectrum of time, the future, the present and past.

© Copyright 2007 Ivor G Davies - All Rights Reserved
Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
1 posted 2007-11-04 06:42 AM

you made me smile with this one Ivor!  Enjoyed!  RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England
2 posted 2007-11-04 06:44 AM

RDB

This was hot of the press, just this second written this after reading a rant by OGG on Lit.Org  

Glad you enjoyed, does this say something about your morals!

Ivor

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
3 posted 2007-11-04 06:46 AM

LOL.... now leave my morals out of this sweet Ivor, these are your words don't forget!! LOL   RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
4 posted 2007-11-04 02:41 PM

Hot off the presses like a bat outta hell! lol

Ivor, you are an intriguing individual with many facets to your persona and talent! I like that! You're never boring and you keep us guessing! Is Ivor a saint ~ or a sinner?!? I'd wager that you have a bit of both in your Brit self! lol ~ and that makes you a very interesting read! I never know which Ivor is going to be popping up! ~ and I like all sides of you!

"if you have sex you'll go to Hell" ~ Well, if that were true, then I'll at least be smiling all the way to Hades! lol

Love to you!
Linda

ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England
5 posted 2007-11-04 05:38 PM

Linda,

Wondered who this one would attract!  Are you promoting misgivings on my character?

I am certainly surrounded by 'Angels' but maybe that is because you all think you can help me be good?

This piece followed a rant from another 'interesting' character, Paul the Ogg ( http://www.lit.org/view/39868 ) and it is poetry, or occsionally rants that seem to attract my muse.

I do have a few problems posting on this site as fairly mild words seem to hit the forbidden realms.  A slight language barrier as things like a 'fatherless person' are not allowed, which is not deemed totally offencsive here and surprisingly 'shite' is allowed on this site while if you take the 'e' off it it isn't!

This does sometimes restrict and water down some stronger poetry, and I hasten to say not poetry that would cause offence.

Anyway I'm rambling off topic, but now I'm getting the measure of the more respectable poets(resses) on this site I will have to see what i can come up with!!!!

Ivor

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2007-11-04 06:38 PM

I doubt that you will find anyone who is less apt to take offence to what other poets write, than myself. For one thing, I do not take myself that seriously. I am more of a "go with the flow" and "each to his own" mentality. I enjoy the diversity of belief systems, interests, thoughts, etc. expressed by pip poets. One of the reasons that I am such a big fan of your writing, is that it is so varied. I never know if you will be making me laugh, think, cry ~ or fantasize! lol

As you should know by now, I'm one of your most avid fans.

Love & Light,
Linda
P.S. It's my nature to see at least some measure of humour in most things.

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
7 posted 2007-11-04 06:58 PM

ivor-

reading this poem, i dont really think that if you do some of the certain things in your poem, you go to hell, but some of these points are very good ways to put it, who knows how you go to hell or heaven, either you are being so good, but you do something so bad, you cant tell what would happen, but i do say, with my own thoughts, the bible does say that god forgives everyone, but we will never know, until it is time for us to be judged, before passing

ARCTIC WIND

ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England
8 posted 2007-11-04 07:12 PM

Linda,

I wasn't being serious!  I have posted a poem in 'Mature Content' - 'Love for Two' called Au Natural. (again just written as I thought you might find it err... amusing (a muse thing).

I stopped posting in the different forums on this site as I seldom got read but thought I would hide this to save my reputation!

Thanks again for exposing me...

Ivor

ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England
9 posted 2007-11-04 07:15 PM

Artic Wind,

This poem was in response to a rant on another site and not the absolute opinions of the author!

I'll have a word with God to see if he forgives my discretions when I move on and if he doesn't I try bribing the Devil instead!

Thanks for dropping by...

Ivor

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
10 posted 2007-11-04 07:30 PM

I just got back from visiting "Mature Content' - 'Love for Two' called Au Natural".

~ and I LOVED it! I know what you mean about posting in other forums. The poems don't get read as much as they do in Open Forum.

That was sizzlin', sexy, ~ and sweet!

Linda

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
11 posted 2007-11-04 07:32 PM

ivor-

I see what you mean, i wasnt being over readtive on the poem, if that is what you thought, but i was putting what i thought in the poem. yes, i figured it wasnt!
but all is well!
enjoy the rest of what we have as a weekend

ARCTIC WIND

LindsayP
Member Elite
since 2007-07-28
Posts 3410
Australia, Victoria
12 posted 2007-11-04 07:56 PM

Ivor, I thought it was brilliant, anything

within reason that can give other people a

smile or a good belly laugh has got to have

merit. In these times of stress and war

people just don't laugh enough. Thanks for sharing.

Lindsay

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
13 posted 2007-11-04 11:21 PM

Hi Ivor, This one made me smile but you are right, It would not be appreciated by everyone on this sight and some of the other's are worse. I posted one myself called "Under The Banner of Heaven" that went over like a lead balloon.
                                  Ida

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Heaven in Hell

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary