navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Prismatic Equinox.
Open Poetry #41
Post A Reply Post New Topic Prismatic Equinox. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2007-11-02 04:02 PM

Brumal vapour, leaking
from opaque fields.
Ice white,sucking
summers juice from
trees.Leaves scratching
down roads, billowed
to flurried carpets
by cars wheels.
Ripe fruit permeate.
Blazing foliage ignited
sporadically in copse,
wood and garden.
Titian the evening
turns, yawning cyan
skies deepening gently.
Cows echoing sonorous
across the valley,
as mist rises
and rolls across
the land, bedewing
the days fire.

Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky, ring out the old, ring in the new,ring out the false, ring in the true..A Lord Tennyson

© Copyright 2007 P.D - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2007-11-02 06:49 PM

Are you describing a scene reminiscent of a Titian oil painting?
I must admit, I had to look up brumal....
seems to be an archaic word for 'wintry'

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2007-11-02 07:01 PM

Phil, you write the most intriguing and inviting titles! ~ and they are always followed by 'haute' poetry!

Lush, colourful verbiage and visions!

Hugs to you, dear Rose of Gold!

Linda

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
3 posted 2007-11-02 09:08 PM

A very nice painting!  I could visualize it all!  Much enjoyed the sensory treat.

miscellanea

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

4 posted 2007-11-02 10:14 PM

Kacy... thank you for your reply, to answer your question, no i am not describing a Titian painting? Titian in this case is meant to be a colour? The colour is Orange or salmon? I wanted to try and capture the light as the sun went down and the horizon glowed Orange before turning to the deep blue of evening?The scene is a real one?
Yes you are correct about Brumal, it was a frosty and misty day when i started out and i wanted to try to capture that too?

Thanks once again for your reply?

Goldenrose.

Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky, ring out the old, ring in the new,ring out the false, ring in the true..A Lord Tennyson

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

5 posted 2007-11-02 10:19 PM

Linda.. thank you for your kind reply...well the title i wrestled with more than the poem itself?LOL...I wanted to say ''colour'' but not use colour? And i wanted to say ''Autumn'' but not use autumn?
Hence ''prismatic equinox''?

Not sure i could class my poetry as ''Haute''..that would mean something like ''classy'' or ''high'' and i certainly am not classy or high? LOL..But thank you anyway...

Goldenrose.

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

6 posted 2007-11-02 10:23 PM

Misc.. i am pleased that you could enjoy and visiualise the scene in my poem? If i can get the sights, sounds, smells, touches etc across to the readers i am doing my job correctly? Imagery is everything? If you can see it in your minds eye you are transported away to another place? And sometimes those places are nice places to get away to?

It is always a pleasure when i am told my work was a treat to read, thank you for that and the reply.

Goldenrose.

lightkeeper
since 2006-09-13
Posts 100
pluto
7 posted 2007-11-03 05:30 AM

Phil...
Beautiful imagery...wrote with consummate ease as you convey what you saw and felt ... i am transported there ,even though i wasn't there that day lol.

Love Bernadette xxx  

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
8 posted 2007-11-03 07:39 AM

quote:
Cows echoing sonorous
across the valley,
as mist rises
and rolls across
the land, bedewing
the days fire.

Phil, the whole poem contains truly wonderful imagery. .... bedewing day's fire something to not forget in its intense beauty.

Love,
Margherita

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

9 posted 2007-11-03 07:59 AM

Bernadette..You were with me? Where i go i carry you and your love in my heart, you are the inspiration that sets my mind to form what i see and to convey those feelings to those who would see my words?

Thank you for your reply and for being you...?

Love Phil.xxxxxxxxxxx

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

10 posted 2007-11-03 08:13 AM

Mergherita..thank you for your kind and generous reply.

That day was a strange kind of day? When i set out there was a fog, like that of  white clouds, except it was hovering at ground level. The trees leaves were coated with sparkling frost and they all looked like they had been cryogenically frozen? As if you could gather one into your hands and crush it to smithereens?Hence the ''juice'' being sucked out of them?

The day warmed and brought blazing colour from the foliage, but before dark cast its cape across the land, the fog and frost rolled in and bedewed the leaves once again and with it completing the full circle of the weather cycle, to dampen the fire of the leaves with frost.

These are days we must hold onto and love, they are unique bookmarks of the seasons and days of our lives?

Thank you once again for your kind reply.

Goldenrose.

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
11 posted 2007-11-03 05:43 PM

This is a familiar scene for me, and it gathers one's heart in the tanscient beauty of a cool fall evening.  I love the tranquility, and I often see patchy white mists hovering at ground level in the mountains near here like clouds suspended on invisible strings.  The poetry is stunning in its imagery.  So glad I found this sweet bit of November today! ~ K
Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
12 posted 2007-11-03 05:46 PM

A little P.S.  I agree with Linda...this is a poem a cut above the average.  It is a very classy poem because it is born of beauty and treasure and eloquence.  
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

13 posted 2007-11-05 06:37 AM

Klassy...thank you for your very kind words, i am always pleased to be able to brighten moods and present the images i see as i wend my way through beautiful scenery?

Goldenrose.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Prismatic Equinox.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary