navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #40 » Before it rains
Open Poetry #40
Post A Reply Post New Topic Before it rains Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2007-04-22 04:29 PM

The way back from church
Was lined with amber glass...
The side walks were cracked
A chill ran through me...

When I was little
I was a rain princess
Who summoned rain drops
to wash her salty tears

But before it rained
I waited a long time
Walking home alone
Facing the wind head on

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thougts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

© Copyright 2007 Juju - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2007-04-22 07:27 PM

This is good Juju--and a lot of life can be like this, looking back to what we think we've lost.

You made me feel that moment, which is what I look for first in poetry--but I would like to refer you to a friend of mine, Mysteria, who will vouch for you that the joy of childhood can live on in us, and as she would say:

"Carpe' Diem!"

(pppssssssssst...I'm a Tori Amos fan too.)

Enjoyed.

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
2 posted 2007-04-22 07:52 PM

Thank you

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

RMW
since 2001-03-21
Posts 1424

3 posted 2007-04-23 10:08 AM

Juju .... This is pleasant. It has a quiet simplicity. Do you know the poetry (and the prose for that matter) of Kathleen Norris? I think you would enjoy very much her book of poem, "Little Girls in Church." Bob
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2007-04-23 12:48 PM

I found your poem all by myself honestly!  I just loved it, the first lines especially.  I did read Serenity's comment of course, and it's true Juju.  As a matter of fact, today I have on two different colored socks, and garden shoes, and do this all the time for fun, just to see people's reactions.  Life is for the living, you have tons of time to be dead!  I tend to sing out loud (and off key,) dance on the streets, say hello to everyone I meet, and never look back unless it's with a smile.  I make sure I always look ahead, and also down, as after all I could find money!             I have really only four sayings that I live by, and they are:

Start where you want to finish," (Don't start anything you don't wish to finish and that goes for everything and every body!)

"Love me first,"  (If you don't feel the love inside you won't be able to draw it to you, or give it away.)

"It always about them," (It's their "stuff," not mine.  I am me, they are them, and we are not going to change.  I accept everyone as they are period and don't let them judge me or affect the way I feel       )

and the most important one ...

"Carpe' Diem," (Every second of it!)

Loved this poem, and now I think I will go put on my Beatles shirt backwards just for you. ((*^))

Sheesh, my response is twice the size of your poem sorry, LOL

Carpe' Diem    

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
5 posted 2007-04-26 10:48 PM

good Juju

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2007-04-27 12:48 PM

Hey lovie...

I came back because I wanted to share with you a clip of one of my very favorite local bands. Local...they have had SOME national attention I think. Not too sure.

But the name of the band is The Subdudes, the song is, "The Rain".

Here ya go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9AvQ3n8gt8&NR=1

Much love sweetie!

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
7 posted 2007-04-27 01:44 AM

Thank you every one. I think I will post the video to this tomarrow and maybe other stuff I will see.  I have been busy.

-Juju  

-Juju

-"So you found a girl

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #40 » Before it rains

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary