navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » You Don't Have to Tell Me
Teen Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic You Don't Have to Tell Me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WaterFairy103
since 2006-05-31
Posts 196

0 posted 2008-12-06 02:00 PM

I noticed you're a little quiet
tonight
And I wanna ask you if you're
all right
But it's dumb question
I already know you're not
And you told everyone
That you don't want to talk…

If you want, I'll leave alone,
But I just want you to know

You don't have to tell me
what's wrong
I don't have to know
what's going on
I'll just lay here in your arms
you don't have to say a thing
We'll just stay here with each other
until you're okay…

So we can fall asleep
together
I know tomorrow will be
better
'cause I have you
and you have me
Our good luck is coming
just wait and see

But that's for the rest of our lives
My heart, just for tonight…

what's wrong,
And I don't have to know
what's going on
until you're okay…

I want you to know you're
my whole world
You don't have to prove anything
to this girl…

what's wrong
And I don't have to know
what's going on
until you're okay…

Until you're okay.

~I love you, Peter!!

Don't take life so seriously.  It's not permanent.

© Copyright 2008 Kelsey Dianne - All Rights Reserved
WaterFairy103
since 2006-05-31
Posts 196

1 posted 2008-12-06 02:01 PM

Ooookay. Sooo just a little explanation about the formatting choices here (I feel so professional saying that...). You'll first notice that the only real period, rather than the dot dot dot, is at the very end. Whiiiich is deliberate. It's supposed to be an outpouring of emotion, a girl telling her boyfriend that she loves him and he doesn't have to tell her why he's upset, because she's just there for him. It's one long, continuous sentence, basically. The letters on the new lines ARE capitalized where there is an implied new sentence, tho, if that boggles your mind a little.

The other thing that I wanted to point out that I technically already DID point out is the dot dot dot at the end of the repeated stanza. That just sort of felt right to me when I was writing it... It's sort of like an open-ended question, like when are you going to be okay again? Is there any way I can help you be okay again?

Soo... Yeeeah...  Hope you enjoy it!

tearsoflove13762
since 2004-09-05
Posts 488
Texas.. and yes i have an accent
2 posted 2008-12-06 02:53 PM

I for one love it! And I did notice the period thing and I love that too! I love the repetitiveness of that one stanza it really added to it and it wasn't too much I dont think. Great write.
RevengeIsMine
since 2006-07-08
Posts 820
Australia
3 posted 2008-12-07 07:29 AM

WaterFairy....

I LOVED IT!...

ATM i'm in a situation where everybody's telling me to leave this guy because he's with somebody else (aka, he left me, he's fiance, for his ex gf, because he feels responsible for her so called "mental ilness" the one she is faking.. Him and her were until last night, living in MY HOUSE the one my fiance and i shared together.) Anyhow cut an insainly long story short everybody is telling me to get over him, they know i'm insainly upset and depressed about it, who wouldn't their all saying are you okay etc (When i don't wanna hear it, i don't wanna talk about it. Yeah he's the love of my life, yeah i'm having his baby but bloody hell don't tell me things will be okay.. because it doesn't help) anyhow.... this poem i WISH was written for me, but i'm going to interpret it as if it was. Your such an amazing poet and your boy is extremly lucky to have you..

Hearts n Hugs,
Jess  xx

TrueDesire12
since 2008-12-07
Posts 11
England
4 posted 2008-12-07 02:09 PM

Wow i like this poem! Its shows that your understanding. Most people when you dont want to say wont stop going about it antill you do, and it just makes it worse!

lovely poem

TrueDesire
xx

WaterFairy103
since 2006-05-31
Posts 196

5 posted 2008-12-07 02:24 PM

Thanks guys!! It's been a while since I wrote something when I was upset, and I'm glad everyone likes it! = ]
I hope it helps people see that even if you don't know what's wrong, there's still something wrong and if you just let that person tell you when they're ready, or not tell you at all, it will help them SO much more than if you bug them about it. = ]

Anyway, thanks everybody! <3

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » You Don't Have to Tell Me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary