navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » boomer tins and jackson dan
Open Poetry #44
Post A Reply Post New Topic boomer tins and jackson dan Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast

0 posted 2009-04-07 07:55 AM

the boomers said the sticks were women
and you always wanted to hug em right
or they would splinter your manskin

I was a boy when I became a man
each time, but not that often then
climbing trees seemed the natural thing

but then I found the ground was hard
and snakeskins across the wrists
when the desert drew the ravens

was a good reason to become a man again
with some body softer to land on
that didn't mind the rough side of my hands

when my money said she was always pretty

translation..the boomers were contract linemen that constructed power and communications lines almost everywhere there was a need...many were green and ended up broken from falls and fights and the unsaid plague that some houses of pleasure gave away free with the fee for a good time..I was lucky or they called me that anyway..the sticks were the poles up to 90' tall...snakeskins are just that..some times the birds of prey woulld pick up rattlers etc and drap them over the lines to eat them..as a lineman was climbing the pole sometimes the snakeskins would fall across the arms ..I always let go close to the ground..

© Copyright 2009 ©Dark 2k - All Rights Reserved
Raindance
since 2009-02-07
Posts 120
West Coast
1 posted 2009-04-07 08:43 AM

I like the sounds and images you've created; rough and dangerous and leathery.
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
2 posted 2009-04-07 09:12 AM

was a good reason to become a man again
with some body softer to land on
that didn't mind the rough side of my hands

when my money said she was always pretty

The scene you set is stark and edged with sadness... so well drawn it makes me shiver. Excellent write!

Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast
3 posted 2009-04-07 09:34 AM

raindance, thanks for your read and comments

ms suthern, thanks lady friend...looks backs are always the most realistic views aren't they

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
4 posted 2009-04-07 04:12 PM

An unusual stage for a tough story. This is so very vivid, dear D., I am impressed.

You transmitted electricity then and now you transmit emotions ... so well! You have got a very special electrical "charge", so that's why you are so magnetic, you see.

Great work.

Love,
Margherita

angellea
since 2009-03-29
Posts 144
NC, USA
5 posted 2009-04-07 10:24 PM

I apologize if I am being too bold, but why are you not published? And if you are, where can you be found?

Excellent as always, my friend.

~Maranda

Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast
6 posted 2009-04-08 06:31 AM

ms mar, thanks special lady..

ms maranda..you are never too bold...and I am pubished here..this is my book of dark blue...thank you for the eyes and touch

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
7 posted 2009-04-22 01:45 AM

Okay tonight I am a Daark groupie and this poem fascinates me.  I love reading your words and seeing with my mind and then reading your explanations and seeing it all again.  Know what I mean?

I dunno about snake skins. I have never lived anywhere that there are snakes.  And people think bears and moose are scarey!

I am liking this one and am on to the next.  It's like eating chocolate.  It's best when I lick my fingers.

A

Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast
8 posted 2009-04-22 07:49 AM

ms  ali-san..am sure there are a few snakes around you..grin...so since the chocolate don't ever get a chance to melt, why do you lick your fingers?
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #44 » boomer tins and jackson dan

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary