navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » Taken for granted!
Teen Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Taken for granted! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Maitay
since 1999-07-16
Posts 158
Sisters,OR,USA

0 posted 1999-09-01 11:56 AM

The fact that you could say how much you love me and then cheat on me. You were sopposed to be my best friend. What does that truly mean to you??? Is a friend just someone that you can take for granted and take advantage of?? I always thought that you would stay for so long, how untrue that became... You asked the last time that I saw you, if I trusted you. I thought I did and then you stole something from me. Never again can I trust you with anything. You just assumed that I would always stay around. NOw that the time has come that I will release the string that ties us together. You pulled me in so many times, carresing my feelings, and capturing my heart. My mind has arrived at the conclusion that I WANTED you in my life, I never NEEDED you! Now I regret that I ever gave you another chance, that was something that you never deserved. The torture of the pain you bestowed on me was somthing I never deserved.

------------------
~depression is not a sickness of the body or mind, but of the heart. When the heart feels alone and afraid~
Maitay Mirabel Litton

© Copyright 1999 Ember - All Rights Reserved
Star Fairy
since 1999-08-11
Posts 39
cerritos, ca, usa
1 posted 1999-09-01 02:09 PM

woah...
sounds like that was coming from someone i hurt very recently... i'm sorry for what was done to you... and i admire your writing skills...

------------------

Raspberme
since 1999-09-04
Posts 21
South Hill, WA, USA
2 posted 1999-09-05 08:33 PM

You choose a good way to express your feelings! Just keep in mind that people do deserve 2nd chances, but it's not for everyone. Just listen to your heart, not u'r mind and u'll have a good life. Wish you luck in life and that u've moved on.

------------------
Raspberme

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » Taken for granted!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary