navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » If I could change one thing, I would not be here
Teen Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic If I could change one thing, I would not be here Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JuliEta65
since 1999-07-13
Posts 5
e.falmouth MA usa

0 posted 1999-07-13 09:02 AM

If I could change one thing,
I would not be here.
In this world of hate
I'm full of fear.

I would not be alive.
I would not listen...
Listen to all the lies

I'd ask the heavens.
Ask them to make it my time.
So, I can be up there with Kevin.

"But why go through all that?...
Just to go away?"
Because I'm too afraid.
To afraid to stay.

© Copyright 1999 JuliEta65 - All Rights Reserved
DoeEyes
since 1999-06-20
Posts 15
Florida
1 posted 1999-07-14 01:46 AM

Wow, I hope you really don't feel that way.
It was a good poem though, just depressing.

murf1_00
since 1999-07-19
Posts 20

2 posted 1999-07-19 03:51 AM

I understand how u can feel at times but theres always a better way. Sometimes the best ways arent the easiest and fer good reason. We learn. I hope that if u really feel this way that you can get some help your poems are great and the loss of you would be a loss to all poets.
poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
3 posted 1999-08-11 01:38 PM

Your title caught my eye, and I had to reply...You are correct in believing that the world we have today is quite a sad disappointment at times. You have a purpose on this planet though...believe it or not...you have the gift of reaching others and helping them through your ability to write. You have something that is a very powerful tool...expression through the pen. We are all in this game together, learning and growing...no matter how old we are, we are students and with every trial we face, every time we stumble, we learn to be stronger the next time, and that's what makes us beautiful & strong inside...a few years from now, you will look back at the poetry you've written and smile at how far you've come, and how much stronger you are because of the tears & pain. There are brighter days ahead for you - I promise...I love your poetry, keep writing, I'll be looking for more!

------------------
- poet FemmeFatale

"The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone..." Henrik Ibsen (1826-1906) Norwegian dramatist lyric poet

roxy8365
since 1999-07-07
Posts 27
e.falmouth MA usa
4 posted 1999-08-12 01:15 PM

Thank you so much for replying to my poem!i agree with what you say, like we were put here for a reason. my perspective on life has changed over the past month or so. before, i thought i had such a bad life, that if anything little were to happen, then it was the end of the world to me, until i became focused on other people and helping other people through thier hard times. then i realized how lucky i actually was. i was simply being selfish. so, anyways, now, my poems will hopefully seem happier and not so depressing,ive had many replies that say i seem very depressing. therefore, after opening my eyes and realizing that i am worth something ( and also getting the people out of my life that led me to think that i was nothing) my poetry will have a different perspective. so, i hope it will be better. thank you very much for your reply. its also people like you who make me feel better inside, just because you discovered a part of me that most people dont see, or dont care to see. thank you!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » If I could change one thing, I would not be here

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary